Pass a dimensional element from a TM1RPTROW row to a parameter in a TI process

Houps
OLAP Product: Cognos Analytics
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2017

Pass a dimensional element from a TM1RPTROW row to a parameter in a TI process

Post by Houps »

Hello
May be somebody know how to pass a dimensional element from a TM1RPTROW row to a parameter in a TI process via an Action Button?
I try to do it using OFFSET function. But it does't work.
Could someone help me?
Attachments
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png (4.69 KiB) Viewed 4433 times
burnstripe
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Pass a dimensional element from a TM1RPTROW row to a parameter in a TI process

Post by burnstripe »

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-pass ... eter-ralph

Have a read of this. If you're still stuck let us know and I'll generate an illustration when I'm at the laptop
Houps
OLAP Product: Cognos Analytics
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2017

Re: Pass a dimensional element from a TM1RPTROW row to a parameter in a TI process

Post by Houps »

i have already read this, the problem was with excel.
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood »

I use an approach which isn't as slick but works in Excel and Web:
  • Create a range over the Active Form column you want to select from
  • Use Data Validation to point a 'selector' cell to that range
  • You can then select one of the elements in the column and pass it to your Action Button
Key requirement is that the range must extend beyond the active form. As the active form selections change, the range will grow and shrink to match.
Works well enough. Doesn't handle repeated elements gracefully.
burnstripe
Regular Participant

Post by burnstripe »

No problem, will provide some illustrations tomorrow, unless someone beats me to it.
burnstripe
Regular Participant

Post by burnstripe »

Have a look at the attachments. In Example.xlsx have a look at the tab Bank Statement Review, in cells C11 to C13, I am using offset to return the the values from within the active form... In this example I wanted the user to select a row, and for that selection to drive parameters for a process and navigate and set properties on another form (BACS entry detail). This example was built in perspectives, so for those with PAX, I have provided screenshots the BACS Entry action button.

I created a named range called rng_start from cell D26 to Q26 i.e. the titles for each column on the report and then used this in the offset function...
in c12 i have this formula
=OFFSET(D26,@CELL("row")-@ROW(rng_start),8)

This is saying to start from cell D26, and navigate down the number of rows between row 26 and the row the user has selected... in your case if you want the second row of the report, then it would be =OFFSET(D26,2,8)
The 8 is how many columns to to the right of D26 do you require data from. If you needed something from column D then it would be 0, column E then it would be 1 ...

Once you have the data extracted using offset, you can then map those cells to the parameters of your process.
Attachments
Action Button.docx
(231.85 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
Example.xlsx
(77.78 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

David Usherwood wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:41 pm I use an approach which isn't as slick but works in Excel and Web:
  • Create a range over the Active Form column you want to select from
  • Use Data Validation to point a 'selector' cell to that range
  • You can then select one of the elements in the column and pass it to your Action Button
Key requirement is that the range must extend beyond the active form. As the active form selections change, the range will grow and shrink to match.
Works well enough. Doesn't handle repeated elements gracefully.
I bet the UNIQUE function and dynamic arrays as the source of your data validation dropdown could be helpful. Or the TM1ELLIST function (https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/planning-an ... -tm1ellist).
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly