Metadata for PM Application - where?

Mark H
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2007

Metadata for PM Application - where?

Post by Mark H »

Folks

We know that Performance Modeler (PM) does not add its applications to the conventional Applications folder we see in TM1 Architect so where is it?

- I have deleted applications from PM
- Then restored my TM1 Server from backup
- Rebooted the whole platform
- Applications are still not in PM so proof this metadata is not in the TM1 data directory.

Thanks

M
Mark H
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2007

Re: Metadata for PM Application - where?

Post by Mark H »

Think I found it:

C:\Program Files\ibm\cognos\tm1_64\webapps\pmpsvc\WEB-INF\applications
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood »

You should get the IBM Twitcher of the Year award.
Next step is to reverse engineer how IBM are storing this content so we can sort out how to do it better.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

David Usherwood wrote:You should get the IBM Twitcher of the Year award.
Next step is to reverse engineer how IBM are storing this content so we can sort out how to do it better.
{Growls} Adding the ability to manipulate applications through the API, yet another blinding oversight considering how p*ss-poor the drag and drop setup options are in the real world, would be a start, but breath is not being held.

(Of course here I refer to conventional applications rather than Performance Muddler ones. Given the esteem in which I hold that particular application, it doesn't surprise me that those go their own special little way.)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Andy Key
MVP
Version: 2.5 to PA
Excel Version: Lots

Post by Andy Key »

If we're talking PM Applications then we are talking about NewContributor (which ties in with the path that the OP mentions) rather than the TriedAndTrustedApplications folder structure. This Contributor data has always been held outside the TM1 Data Directory, as it is essentially configuration data for a Java program rather than metadata for a TM1 Service.
Andy Key
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

Andy Key wrote:If we're talking PM Applications then we are talking about NewContributor (which ties in with the path that the OP mentions) rather than the TriedAndTrustedApplications folder structure. This Contributor data has always been held outside the TM1 Data Directory, as it is essentially configuration data for a Java program rather than metadata for a TM1 Service.
Yeah, I know they ain't the same, though I'll admit that I hadn't yet put in the effort to find where the All! New! Applications! were stored, so hat tip to the OP on that one. Unfortunately I just couldn't hold my tongue given the confluence of events of:
(a) Downloading the multi-gigabyte extravaganza that is 10.1.1 this morning, a process that already tends to put one in a foul mood;
(b) Currently working on a video on creating and maintaining the Tried and Trusted type applications, which reminded me of Just How Bad the setup procedures are (drag and drop shortcuts, one at a time, across 5km of screen space) rather than a right click -> send to arrangement, for instance; and
(c) Simultaneously working on an application that's a front end for the API, and the paucity of access to Tried and True applications being another thing that grates hugely.

In the circumstances the temptation to snarl about (yet another) shortcoming in the base functionality (tried and true) which is ignored by Iboglix due in part to (yet more) under-performing Java eye candy being given priority was way too great.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.