How do i do?
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: value compared to the dimension member

Post by tomok »

The first thing you do is read the Request for Assistance Guidelines. I have no clue what you are asking and I doubt anyone else has either.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

This seems like a fairly simple requirement and easy to do in TM1. What exactly is your problem with it?
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Post by qml »

@lotsa, the problem is that the OP is not willing to try and do the research himself/herself, come up with an algorithm and implement it, but would rather just receive the ready solution from someone else. The OP is in fact so unwilling to do any work, that he/she even made no effort to properly describe his/her question and the things he/she has tried.
Kamil Arendt
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

qml wrote:@lotsa, the problem is that the OP is not willing to try and do the research himself/herself, come up with an algorithm and implement it, but would rather just receive the ready solution from someone else. The OP is in fact so unwilling to do any work, that he/she even made no effort to properly describe his/her question and the things he/she has tried.
Well you could be right. But it's their first post so how about we give them a chance?
roei61
OLAP Product: PAX
Version: 2.0.7
Excel Version: 2016

Post by roei61 »

Hi,

I will help you with that - I belive that forums are made for anyone at any skill.
You can find the follwing rule efficient, but you can make it better if the dates will be inserted as YY-MM-DD or YYYY-MM-DD.
You didn'y mentioned it but are there any skips between the date elements?
However, if I understand what you wish for the following code will be useful.

Code: Select all

[] =  N: 
           If ( DayNo ( SUBST ( !Dim_Dates ,  7 , 4 ) | '-' | SUBST ( !Dim_Dates ,  4 , 2 ) | '-' | SUBST ( !Dim_Dates ,  1 , 2 ))
                 <= DayNo ( SUBST ( DB('Cube_1',!Dim_Step,'Date_To') , 7 , 4 ) | '-' | SUBST ( DB('Cube_1',!Dim_Step,'Date_To') , 4 , 2 ) | '-' | SUBST ( DB('Cube_1',!Dim_Step,'Date_To') , 1 , 2 )) &
                DayNo ( SUBST ( !Dim_Dates ,  7 , 4 ) | '-' | SUBST ( !Dim_Dates ,  4 , 2 ) | '-' | SUBST ( !Dim_Dates ,  1 , 2 ))
                 >= DayNo ( SUBST ( DB('Cube_1',!Dim_Step,'Date_From') , 7 , 4 ) | '-' | SUBST ( DB('Cube_1',!Dim_Step,'Date_From') , 4 , 2 ) | '-' | SUBST ( DB('Cube_1',!Dim_Step,'Date_From') , 1 , 2 )),
                    1 , Continue);
GoodLuck,
Roei
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Post by qml »

I think that such spoon-feeding achieves nothing and is counterproductive. The best help a newbie can get is to be taught how to ask the right questions in the right way and how to independently look for information. My goal is not to dicourage anyone from asking questions at all, even the easy ones, but rather to get them thinking. And there is no better human invention than thinking.
Kamil Arendt
Gregor Koch
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1, CX
Version: 9.0 and up
Excel Version: 2007 and up

Post by Gregor Koch »

Sorry Cog1, but I really had to laugh about this post. I am still smiling while I write this.
You'll find that you will get a lot better answers if you give more detail in regards to why you need to do this, what kind of model this is for, what you have tried (Rules, Turbo Integrator) to achieve this, what are the other dimensions in the cubes, basic stuff like TM1 Version, OS etc etc etc etc.
You really should read the guidelines on how to post a question. But do keep it coming and don't be scared to ask questions.

@ qml
Bit harsh. Though in essence I agree. At least in this case I have the feeling that Cog1 is not one of these guys who sold themselves as a developer/consultant and go "give me information on this", "this is urgent", "I haven't tried anything in the meantime but I am bumping up my post whilst watching the cricket".

@ roei61
Although I really appreciate that you have given a solution it won't help the OP much. Let alone that I would not write the rule that way, starting with the "[]" which by itself would have to be explained to the OP.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man how to....
rmackenzie
MVP

Post by rmackenzie »

Gregor Koch wrote:Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man how to....
Wasn't it Karl Marx who said:
Karl Marx wrote:Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you lose a great business opportunity.
Or maybe, it was Groucho... ;)
Robin Mackenzie