Chore Splitting

AmbPin
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2007-10

Chore Splitting

Post by AmbPin »

I have a chore with a lot of processes that controls a daily data load and dimension maintenance tasks etc. This chore has been running successfully for quite some time until today. Yesterday I added a process that emails people when their password is about to expire using the following line of code in the data section of a TI process.
ExecuteCommand(sCmdLine, 0);
Where the command line calls a BAT file which in turn calls a VBS. This is all fairly standard practice which to be honest I cribbed from this and other forums.
I placed this process fairly near the beginning of the chore and what I noticed was that for every email generated a separate execution of all of the remaining processes in the chore took place! Has anyone seen anything like this behaviour?
Martin Ingram
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: IBM SaaS - Digital Pack
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Chore Splitting

Post by Martin Ingram »

Never - but it may help others if you say which version of the software you're running...
AmbPin
Regular Participant

Post by AmbPin »

Oops - Running 9.5.2 on Windows 2008 R2 Server.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

AmbPin wrote:I have a chore with a lot of processes that controls a daily data load and dimension maintenance tasks etc. This chore has been running successfully for quite some time until today. Yesterday I added a process that emails people when their password is about to expire using the following line of code in the data section of a TI process.
ExecuteCommand(sCmdLine, 0);
Where the command line calls a BAT file which in turn calls a VBS. This is all fairly standard practice which to be honest I cribbed from this and other forums.
I placed this process fairly near the beginning of the chore and what I noticed was that for every email generated a separate execution of all of the remaining processes in the chore took place! Has anyone seen anything like this behaviour?
- Are you using ExecuteProcess anywhere in your code?
- Are the log files showing anything about a rollback occurring?
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
AmbPin
Regular Participant

Post by AmbPin »

Not using ExecuteProcess and no sign of any rollback in the log files.