BigG
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: IBMPA
Version: PA 2.0 Cloud
Excel Version: 2010

TM1 websheet with URL hyperlink for Report Studio reports

Post by BigG »

Hi,

We have a TM1web websheet that is a 'menu' page including some URL references in hyperlinks pointing to Cognos report Studio reports. This works well enough except the 1st report studio report (linked URL in hyperlink) opens a new page when selected (great), but any subseqent report studio reports (linked URL) opened in same manner from same websheet 'replaces' current report. Would like to know if I can create behaviour so they always open in new tab or new page. We use IE, Excel does not display this behavoir when I run the same hyperlinks from the base .xls for websheet.

Cheers in advance...
GG
paulsimon
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Re: TM1 websheet with URL hyperlink for Report Studio report

Post by paulsimon »

Unfortunately all I can do if confirm that I got the same behaviour when just getting a TM1 Web page to hyperlink to another TM1 Web page so the issue is with TM1 Web rather than TM1 Web and Report Studio. I tried a number of different options but I didn't find a way to make it open in the original window. I kind of worked around it by including a Related Links section on each Web Sheet so that the users never needed to go back to the original menu sheet.

Regards

Paul Simon
jason68

Post by jason68 »

BigG wrote:Hi,

We have a TM1web websheet that is a 'menu' page including some URL references in hyperlinks pointing to Cognos report Studio reports. This works well enough except the 1st report studio report (linked URL in hyperlink) opens a new page when selected (great), but any subseqent report studio reports (linked URL) opened in same manner from same websheet 'replaces' current report. Would like to know if I can create behaviour so they always open in new tab or new page. We use IE, Excel does not display this behavoir when I run the same hyperlinks from the base .xls for websheet.

Cheers in advance...
I know this a bit old, but back in the old days we got around this behaviour by using simple HTML page that acted as a redirector for the hyperlink. Excuse my lack of code, but it went link this:

Hyperlink in TM1 Web to standard.html?url=<realurl.html>

Code in standard.html performs a redirect to realurl.html

The advantage was that you can then control the 'target' window with standard HTML (target="new" etc).

I'm sure that there are slicker ways to do it but this worked fine.

J
BigG
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: IBMPA
Version: PA 2.0 Cloud
Excel Version: 2010

Post by BigG »

thanks,great tip
GG