Access a users private View

pikolikoli
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2013

Access a users private View

Post by pikolikoli »

Hello All,

A user requested that I access his private view and do some modifications on his view, Also the user is not an admin so I guess he will not be able to make the view public.

Is there a way that I can access his private view ?

Thank you
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: Access a users private View

Post by declanr »

You can't exactly access a user's private view.

But you can copy it from the users private }vues folder in the data directory to your own (note that if it contains any private subsets you will also need to copy those over.)
Then you should be able to see the view as a private view of your own, where you can make the necessary changes.
After that, copy it back into the user's private folder, overwriting the original view.

Or it could be quicker to just do a screen share with them and do it directly on their machine - plus points for a potential teaching moment.
Declan Rodger
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

declanr wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:18 pm You can't exactly access a user's private view.
Depends on the interface. With the impersonate feature that the Rest API offers it is actually now possible for a full admin user to impersonate another user, and that includes access to private views and subsets. It just depends whether the client you are using supports this feature.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
MarenC
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Post by MarenC »

Does the above advice hold for views in PAW?

Maren