OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA 2.0.3
Excel Version: Micrsoft Excel 2010

Architect crahses while selecting Top element in dimension

Post by guru1988fortm1 »

Hi All,

I am using TM1 9.5.2 server with TM1 9.5.1 clients for the users
We are having an unusual issue in the session's of few users
Their Architect or perspectives crashes while selecting the top element in the dimension (the top element looks blurred)
Have anyone faced this kind of issue before

Thanks
Regards
Guru Madhesh
declanr
MVP
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: Architect crahses while selecting Top element in dimensi

Post by declanr »

Not one I've seen.

Although connecting with older clients is possible and supported it can cause odd occurences so my first port of call would be testing it with the same client/server version combo.

Is there a reason your users are using older clients? E.g. do they also connect to a 9.5.1 server with the same client? If not then the upgrade is the obvious path regardless of issues.
Declan Rodger
rmackenzie
MVP

Post by rmackenzie »

Maybe have a look at this old thread. I have a vague memory that this bug was still around in 9.5.1 so perhaps it's worth trying the fix mentioned by Steve:
Steve Vincent wrote:The fault relates to the relationship of the window size with your desktop size. Don't know why it happens but the solution is straight forward. The issue is given away by the 1st 2 elements of any subset editor overlapping. All dims will do it because TM1 stores the last used window size in your profile. All you need to do is open the editor, resize the window to anything different, then click CANCEL on the editor. Hitting OK as you have found out will crash Excel. When you hit cancel it updates the last used window size, open the editor again and you'll find the 1st 2 elements look normal again and it'll work fine.
Robin Mackenzie
stephen waters
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10_2_2
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by stephen waters »

Steve Vincent wrote:The fault relates to the relationship of the window size with your desktop size. Don't know why it happens but the solution is straight forward. ....
I recall this type of error from earlier versions a few years ago. I think Deleting the TM1P.INI (after backing up etc) file also used to work, though obviously you will use various local settings.
guru1988fortm1
Version: PA 2.0.3
Excel Version: Micrsoft Excel 2010

Post by guru1988fortm1 »

rmackenzie wrote:Maybe have a look at this old thread. I have a vague memory that this bug was still around in 9.5.1 so perhaps it's worth trying the fix mentioned by Steve:
Steve Vincent wrote:The fault relates to the relationship of the window size with your desktop size. Don't know why it happens but the solution is straight forward. The issue is given away by the 1st 2 elements of any subset editor overlapping. All dims will do it because TM1 stores the last used window size in your profile. All you need to do is open the editor, resize the window to anything different, then click CANCEL on the editor. Hitting OK as you have found out will crash Excel. When you hit cancel it updates the last used window size, open the editor again and you'll find the 1st 2 elements look normal again and it'll work fine.

WOW, it worked for me :D
i did the same, opened the editor, changed the size, hit cancel and open again , now i could see the first two elements without overlapping and could select them too

Thanks All for your comments :)

Thanks
Regards
Guru Madhesh