Omitted data when importing to cube

ahmedamr
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics/TM1
Version: 2.0.x
Excel Version: 2016

Omitted data when importing to cube

Post by ahmedamr »

Hey everyone,

I still new to TM1 and haven't yet gotten the hang of everything.

I am trying to import transactional data from SQL Server into a cube; however, TM1 seems to drop transactions that have taken place on the same date by the same user. I am trying to measure the number of orders made from different users on different products. Is this problem solvable by tweaking my SQL query or does it have to do more with performance modeler?
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: Omitted data when importing to cube

Post by declanr »

You have already narrowed down the issue here to being on records that are on the same intersections.
Your TI code generated by Performance Modeler will be using a CellPutN function, this function just overwrites the cell with the value you provide each time. So your cube gets updated each time but only the last record from your view ends up in the cube (for that intersection.)

You can either change the CellPutN to a CellIncrementN function, the rest of the code can probably stay exactly the same, this function works in the same way it sounds and it adds your value to what is already in the cell.
The other option is to change your SQL query/view to use Sum and Group By functions so that it is displayed on the same granularity as the cube you are writing to.
Declan Rodger
ahmedamr
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics/TM1
Version: 2.0.x
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Omitted data when importing to cube

Post by ahmedamr »

Great!
Worked like a charm.
Thanks for your help!