PAX Dynamic Report is not rendering to TM1 Web

AskAndAnswer
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0...
Excel Version: 2016

PAX Dynamic Report is not rendering to TM1 Web

Post by AskAndAnswer »

Hello,
I found several discussions about this issue, but none of them actually answered a question why dynamic reports are not properly rendering in TM1 Web.
I am on Planning Analytics and PAX 2.0.6 and I have a dynamic report with four row dimensions, one of which (Time) is based on the subset created by MDX on the same sheet. The MDX is based on the date range. When the report is recalculated in PAX, it displays all data. If I publish it to Web, I get all dimension elements, but DBRW formulas do not show any data.
The report worked before the server refresh from production. Dimension order in the cube did not change. Also, there are three tabs on the websheet, two of them don't work, but one works. The one that works does not use MDX in TM1RPTROW, instead it has a reference to a dynamic subset. I tried to use the same dynamic subset on the websheet that does not work, and it still did not work.

Are there any known bugs or issues that can explain what's going on? Are the first two websheets corrupted, but I can't find where?
AskAndAnswer
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0...
Excel Version: 2016

Re: PAX Dynamic Report is not rendering to TM1 Web

Post by AskAndAnswer »

Since I figured it out, I'll post the solution:
It looks like this version of Planning Analytics has an issue reading aliases. All row dimension elements should have principal names.
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

Thanks. Is it fixed in a later version ?
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
a1m80t
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.1 to 10.2.2
Excel Version: Office 2010

Post by a1m80t »

Wim Gielis wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:10 pm Thanks. Is it fixed in a later version ?
I don't have this problem in PA 2.0.8 and I'm pretty sure it wasn't in 2.0.6 either