Consolidated node to child node

Mithun.Mistry1103
OLAP Product: cognos
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Consolidated node to child node

Post by Mithun.Mistry1103 »

Hello

In one of the dimensions I have, I had a consolidation with 2 simple nodes. I have deleted those 2 simple nodes and turned the consolidated node into a simple node. All my export and import data TI's worked well, the dimension and the security cubes showed the change, the subset that was used for the Webapp also reflected the change. With everything being fine, I uploaded the new security file onto Web App via Manage Rights and it was all ok.

I tried to open the node within Web App to test it, but it didnt let me, it still appears to think it is a consolidated node. Now I looked into performance Modeler to see if I could see the change and that looked fine in PM too. I was advised to go to manage right, re-apply and save rights to see if it would make a difference but it didnt.

As an alternative, I had to re-create a new node to get round the issue. But Im still curious to why that would have happened for future reference.

Has anyone come across this issue or could anyone shed some light to what could have gone wrong or what I could try to do if the issue reappears?

Thank you for your time

Mithun

{Admin note: Please post to the CORRECT forum. This does NOT belong in Enhancements.}
Elessar
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PA 2
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Consolidated node to child node

Post by Elessar »

Hello!

1. What version do you have?
2. What is selected in "Enforce Rights" application parameter?

This strange behavior could be because of a shadow dimension (}tp_tasks}{GUID}), which update was full of bugs in early 10.x versions
Normally, the save-rights process should launch a process to update the shadow dimension.
Best regards, Alexander Dvoynev

TM1 and Data Science blog: 7th article - Development requirements.
Mithun.Mistry1103

hELLO

1. It's 10.2.1
2. All the rights for that node have been aligned to another simple node that works. write in relevant groups and read in other groups.

See, I looked into the tp_tasks cube and the dimensions it uses and the shadow dimension reflected the changes I made which is why it took me by suprise when I tried to open the node and take ownership of it but it didnt work.

The save-right process, I did that in chrome to ensure the issue wasnt because I have IE8.

Thank you
Elessar
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PA 2
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Post by Elessar »

Are there any TI-process errors in LOG-directory after saving rights, taking ownership?
Best regards, Alexander Dvoynev

TM1 and Data Science blog: 7th article - Development requirements.
Mithun.Mistry1103

Hello @elessar

The ti is fine, there are no errors and I cant take ownership and that is the issue. But I think I know what happens and how I naturally get round it, but I need to test that, once I have solved my contributor issue I am having.
Mithun.Mistry1103

Hello

After doing some testing on a different environment, I have seen that disconnecting the simple nodes from the consolidation node will allow the consolidation node to naturally become a simple node. This would mean, when you update web app, it will not confuse the security and will update the hierachy in web app as per required showing as a simple and not as a consolidation. The disconnected nodes can then be deleted if needs be, as they are floating nodes.

Thanks