Pulling PDF Application from Websheet

cdhodge2002

Pulling PDF Application from Websheet

Post by cdhodge2002 »

Quick Question. What is the best way to open a PDF file that I have saved as an application on TM1 from a websheet? Our users do not have access to the application tree and rely on action button navigation, so just opening the file is not an option.
cdhodge2002

Re: Pulling PDF Application from Websheet

Post by cdhodge2002 »

Can non excel file posted to the TM1 application be pulled through a Hyperlink in a websheet? My research on the web says not, but the documentation that says this is old so not sure if that is an enhancement.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Pulling PDF Application from Websheet

Post by lotsaram »

cdhodge2002 wrote:Can non excel file posted to the TM1 application be pulled through a Hyperlink in a websheet? My research on the web says not, but the documentation that says this is old so not sure if that is an enhancement.
Yes it can be done quite easily once you know how. You just need to set up a virtual directory on the same server as TM1 Web then hyperlink to the file.
(This also works as a good workaround if you want to hyperlink to Excel files and have users open them in Excel and not as TM1 websheets)
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.