ardi
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1, cognos bi
Version: from TM1 9.4 to PA 2.0.9.6
Excel Version: 2010

Truncated websheet

Post by ardi »

Hi,

I am having an issue with TM1Web, so I have a websheet that contains an active form and at the bottom of Active Form I have a few Static rows ( to show some Totals )

The problem is that when the Active Form exceeds a certain number of rows, eventhough the vertical scroll bar shows, TM1Web does not render the bottom of the websheet. Depending on the number of rows the Active Form returns, sometimes it does not render the last rows of active form, and also the static rows I have underneath, but if I zoom out ( Control / minus ) a few times, then all the websheet rows show

Our TM1 Build Number is 10.2.20400.80

This is happening with both, IE and Chrome

Has anybody experienced this issue?
TM1Web Truncating Issue.png
TM1Web Truncating Issue.png (109.64 KiB) Viewed 4779 times
Ardian Alikaj
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Truncated websheet

Post by jim wood »

I've no hit this issue, but I would never put a button of an active form, especially if your looking at a dimension with a large amount of members.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
ardi
Community Contributor

Post by ardi »

jim wood wrote:I've no hit this issue, but I would never put a button of an active form, especially if your looking at a dimension with a large amount of members.
Thank you Jim but it also truncates the content of Active Forms itself. The row in the Bottom of Active Form is a requirement to show the Totals, and because I am nesting many dimensions in TM1RPTROW columns, then I dont want to Include the Totals in Active Form because of so many combinations of Subtotals

Attach screenshot shows now the last lines of Active Form itself have been truncated

TM1Web Truncating Issue 2.png
TM1Web Truncating Issue 2.png (49.76 KiB) Viewed 4755 times
Ardian Alikaj
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

I had seen this in earlier versions of 10.2 web with Active Forms having the last few rows truncated; or more specifically I tended to find it as being the last row only. I never saw an issue with static rows going off the screen as I actually always got around it by putting a border around the entire active area that would extend to being a few rows beneath the core area and seemed to find that having an object (in this case just a border line) allowed TM1 to know it needed to at least render that far; sometimes I still wouldn't actually see the border but all of the relevant data I wanted to see would appear.
Declan Rodger
ardi
Community Contributor

Post by ardi »

I was doing some more testing and I it looks like the issue happens when one of the columns in the active form is wrapped and the text breaks in multiple rows. So the height growth of the “Websheet” does not accommodate the “line break” for the wrapped cells.

If none of my cells is wrapped, then I can keep adding as many rows as I want and the websheet will accommodate all the rows. But wrapping seems to create this issue.

This is just an observation so I thought I should share it with you
Ardian Alikaj
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

That would perhaps explain why you are seeing it in the FP4 whereas I haven't seen it more recently - possibly a different cause.
I always make sure to not have any element wrapping occuring as I always use freezepanes on any sheet where scrolling could occur; and freezepanes plus wrapping causes the data to become misaligned with the element names.
Declan Rodger
ardi
Community Contributor

Post by ardi »

declanr wrote:That would perhaps explain why you are seeing it in the FP4 whereas I haven't seen it more recently - possibly a different cause.
I always make sure to not have any element wrapping occuring as I always use freezepanes on any sheet where scrolling could occur; and freezepanes plus wrapping causes the data to become misaligned with the element names.
Yes I know text wrapping causes the misalignment when freezing panes, but for this one I have a workaround. I replicate the column with wrapped in the right frame also. For example, if I am wrapping Customer Name which is an element name and is on the Left Pane, then in the right pane, after my data columns, i create a new column for Customer Name, I give it the same width and same text formatting except the font color and background color, so basically I hide it by setting the Text color , background Color and border color to the same). I know this is not efficient but in the same time I have to wrap the text and freeze panes so this workaround is holding the water so far
Ardian Alikaj