Error with Package Connector 32-bit when using TM1 10.2

theblackdawn
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2 10.1.1 10.2
Excel Version: 2003 2007 2010

Error with Package Connector 32-bit when using TM1 10.2

Post by theblackdawn »

Hi Experts,

I'm facing an error when importing a package from BI to TM1 using Package Connector.
The error says "(TR0168) Turbo Integrator could not open the data source [[Employee expense].[Account].[Account]]",
for a GoSales Analysis cube (sample cube) in Cognos.
Its just not able to connect to the Data Source at all. Tried with various different packages !

I'm using TM1 10.2.1 and Cognos/FM 10.2.1 versions on a 64-bit Windows 2008 R2 enterprise.
My strong feeling is that the Package connector supports a 32-bit system. Correct me if i'm wrong !!!
I've then followed this link http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21450433 and http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/ctm1/ ... meter.html and have given appropriate parameters in the CFG file, but still of no avail.
But Again... this link http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg27021976 shows that "Cognos TM1 package connector works with TM1 32 or 64bit. Please note though that it is a 32-bit product and will integrate with 32-bit source libraries/drivers only." :?

I have done this in the past with TM1 10.1 and it worked alright, somehow not able to do it with 10.2.
Any suggestions/advices ?? :cry:
spiderwallet
OLAP Product: Cognos
Version: 10.2.1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Error with Package Connector 32-bit when using TM1 10.2

Post by spiderwallet »

Bump, any outcome??
dr.nybble
MVP
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: Excel 2007

Post by dr.nybble »

TM1 Package Connector contains the same compatible mode query engine as the report server. It executes queries locally in its own process.
Therefore you must have the required drivers installed on the TM1 Server and accessible to TM1 Package Connector.
Also make sure that you have run IBM Cognos Configuration on the TM1 Server install of Package Connector.
If that fails turn on logging. In the configuration folder of the server-side TM1 Package Connector, edit qfs_config.xml and set:

<logCommands value="2"/>

Look for exceptions or errors in the logs produced.
beek
Version: PA 2.0
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by beek »

Hi there,

Any updates on this topic? I'm facing the same problem here. Kindly share your status or resolution with me if there's any. Thanks in advance.

Cheers, ;)
beek
Version: PA 2.0
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by beek »

Hi all,

Just to share. I managed to solve the above issue. I heed the advice of dr.nybble, by setting <logCommands value="2"/>. Then I see another error in the log, quoted me another error code. I can't remember exactly what error code now. But I did a search online, and it references me to IBM Support document, that I should check if my Gateway and the Dispatch URI in the environment were correctly configured. Indeed, there's a typo error with the Gateway URI. After this is fixed, the package connector works!

The reason why you might be getting this error msg could differs, but by setting the logcommands value to 2, it might give you more hints on which direction you should be working on.