TM1 training - IBM Cognos TM1: Design and Develop Models (V1

wypwong
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 10.1
Excel Version: 2007

TM1 training - IBM Cognos TM1: Design and Develop Models (V1

Post by wypwong »

This course teaches people using Performance Modeller in TM1, which is not what I want to use.

Any one here know which course that will teach similar content, but use Architect and TI?

Thanks.

Phyllis
stephen waters
MVP
Version: 10_2_2
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Re: TM1 training - IBM Cognos TM1: Design and Develop Models

Post by stephen waters »

From the official IBM courses you could try "IBM Cognos TM1: Design and Develop Models (V9.5)". You may have problems finding a physical course being run though I think there is also the on-line version.

Alternatively, find a local partner who has their own training material. If, like us, they are long-standing ex-Applix partners they will probably have material for older versions that focuses on Perpsectives/Architect rather than Performance Modeler.
wypwong

Post by wypwong »

Thanks Stephen

I am planning to do self pacing course anyway, there are still a few training providers for the v9.5 course.

Wish IBM be more specific on their website about what tools they are going to teach.

Phyllis
stephen waters
MVP
Version: 10_2_2
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by stephen waters »

wypwong wrote:there are still a few training providers for the v9.5 course. Wish IBM be more specific on their website about what tools they are going to teach. Phyllis
Phyllis
In our geography IBM develop the courses but they are marketed and run by a distributor, normally using third parties (including ourselves) as trainers. The distributor will only run the courses if there is sufficient demand. This causes the gap between IBM and the actual course delivery.

Couple of other suggestions, have you looked at the Rules guide that comes with the documentation? TM1_Rul.pdf? This has worked examples.

Also, what about the book "IBM Cognos TM1 - The official guide", you can get it on Amazon... http://www.amazon.co.uk/IBM-Cognos-TM1- ... 0071765697
wypwong

Post by wypwong »

Stephen

Thanks for your suggestions, my colleagues have already given me the rules.pdf, TM1 Cookbook, and some old training notes. The online one suits me better as I can do it at my own pace, and I usually sit with contractor at work to learn real life examples.

Phyllis
nick_leeson
OLAP Product: TM1 9x, BPC, Hyperion, HANA
Version: TM1 10
Excel Version: Excel 2003 - 2010

Post by nick_leeson »

Also download Bedrock as you could learn a few tricks of writing some clean modular code and while you at it learn to use Bedrock in your projects as most of the non value add stuff has already been done for you.

http://www.bedrocktm1.org/

Cheerio