TM1 10.2 Available for Download

macsir
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PAL 2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: TM1 10.2 Available for Download

Post by macsir »

My wish list: complete api doco, definitely. ;)
In TM1,the answer is always yes though sometimes with a but....
http://tm1sir.blogspot.com.au/
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Steve Vincent »

Can someone with 10.2 using Performance Modeler confirm what i've just witnessed on my test server?

Logged in to PM using the incorrect password. Instead of the error message "incorrect user name or password" i got "maximum number of log in attempts exceeded".

Error handling, not its finest hour...
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

Steve Vincent wrote:Can someone with 10.2 using Performance Modeler confirm what i've just witnessed on my test server?

Logged in to PM using the incorrect password. Instead of the error message "incorrect user name or password" i got "maximum number of log in attempts exceeded".

Error handling, not its finest hour...

Just tried it with PM directly from the start menu and it provided a "Could not logon to any available servers with the provided credentials." as expected.

Did you get this after swapping services when already in PM or on first initiation?

EDIT - I tried both and it worked as expected, changing services just logged me in with the credentials I already had as opposed to presenting a log on screen.
Declan Rodger
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
Version: 10.2.2 FP1

Post by Steve Vincent »

First run - seems like one service had me locked out, the other was OK, both using same credentials. Means if you are locked out of 1 service, you won't be able to get to any of them via PM. Awaiting training for 10.2 so i'm blazing a trail based on my existing TM1 experience & the user guides... :roll:

Thanks for checking though, much appreciated
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
theblackdawn
Version: 9.5.2 10.1.1 10.2
Excel Version: 2003 2007 2010

Post by theblackdawn »

Finally... !!! :D
I could logon to the PM without any issues and all my expected servers are visible.

This post by 'kangkc' on 14th October in this same Topic helped me. Quoting the same below:
Not sure this is the right way. What I did to add in new instances:

1. Create the folders for sdata/logs
2. Copy the default tm1s.cfg, modify it according to the new instance and place it in the Sdata (some IBM APAR suggested this)
3. Add this new instance using IBM Cognos Configuration (fat client)
4. Make sure instance can be started and login using Perspective
5. Change the Admin password to "apple"
6. Navigate to http://your server:9510/pmsvc
7. Start up "IBM Cognos TM1 Applications Configuration"
8. Add the new TM1 instance
9. Once successfully added, you can now go back to Perspective and change the admin password, login again to IBM TM1 Application portal using the new password and deploy your apps.

This may not be the correct steps and rather strange to me but as long as it works for me.
I tried this some N no. of times, wasn't able to crack it.. but not sure how, I got through the N+1 time :) (15 > N > 10.. lolz), though I did the same everytime ( :( ).

I seriously don't know if I was doing it wrong all the time till 10.1.1, as I never had to add an application in the Applications Portal. Another important thing is to have all the SAME user id/pwds - (Admin/Apple). Don't know why but it works as suggested by kangkc in the quote above.

Once you see the servers listed in the Applications portal, you can open the PM directly from the Start Menu. When prompted for 'Logon as' and the credentials are given in the login screen (Admin/Apple), we can see all those servers in the dropdown which are listed in the Applications Portal.

Greatly Satisfied !!! :) .. Thanks a ton to Kangkc again !!
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

For the benefit of anyone who may not be subscribed to IBM's notifications, one came out this morning pointing to a page which has a .pdf covering an open mic session that IBM had on 10.2 back on the 9th.

I haven't had time to read all the way through it yet (shall do so on the way home) but from a quick skim it looks like actual information of substance rather than promotional bumpf. For anyone who would like to take a look the page can be found here.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
moby91
MVP
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by moby91 »

Alan Kirk wrote:For the benefit of anyone who may not be subscribed to IBM's notifications, one came out this morning pointing to a page which has a .pdf covering an open mic session that IBM had on 10.2 back on the 9th.

I haven't had time to read all the way through it yet (shall do so on the way home) but from a quick skim it looks like actual information of substance rather than promotional bumpf. For anyone who would like to take a look the page can be found here.
And Part 2 covering new features in Application Web, Performance Modeler, Scorecarding and Cognos Insight ->

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21653351
Cognos Open Mic Webcast : IBM Cognos TM1 10.2 New Features - Part 2
Jonsulli
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2003

Post by Jonsulli »

Thanks for the presentations parts, I am reading these and I am very enthousiast !
It looks like key users could create their own application with performance modeler as they could do with Cognos Planning analyst and contributor.

Will the rules and feeders in PM automatically be updated after renaming a dimension element ?
kangkc
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1, PA , TMVGate
Version: 2.x
Excel Version: 36x

Post by kangkc »

theblackdawn wrote:Finally... !!! :D
I could logon to the PM without any issues and all my expected servers are visible.
Frankly, I missed the good old 9.x where I can set up an instance running within mins. Well, life goes on.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

kangkc wrote:
Frankly, I missed the good old 9.x where I can set up an instance running within mins. Well, life goes on.
You still can; thankfully Iboglix doesn't (yet) hold a gun to your head and force you to use their artery-clogging GUI fluff. You can still just create the things from the command line or batch file and tweak your config file just the way you used to, and not go near Performance Muddler at all. I'll play around with it for a bit to get familiar with it in the new version but even if we go to 10.2 (which we're looking at) I really can't see myself being in a rush to switch over to an All GUI All The Time interface. To my mind it would just slow me down, and doubly so when you have to go HERE to set up your connections, and then you have to go over HERE to launch Muddler and get obscure error messages if you don't have everything set up just so, and then find the right obscure little icon to click... No, way faster and easier for experienced admins to do it in a way that cuts to the heart of the matter and slices through it in one quick, clean stroke. That's the way I've done it even in our 10.2 test setup because I don't feel like wasting time.
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

kangkc wrote:
You still can; thankfully Iboglix doesn't (yet) hold a gun to your head and force you to use their artery-clogging GUI fluff. You can still just create the things from the command line or batch file and tweak your config file just the way you used to, and not go near Performance Muddler at all. I'll play around with it for a bit to get familiar with it in the new version but even if we go to 10.2 (which we're looking at) I really can't see myself being in a rush to switch over to an All GUI All The Time interface. To my mind it would just slow me down, and doubly so when you have to go HERE to set up your connections, and then you have to go over HERE to launch Muddler and get obscure error messages if you don't have everything set up just so, and then find the right obscure little icon to click... No, way faster and easier for experienced admins to do it in a way that cuts to the heart of the matter and slices through it in one quick, clean stroke. That's the way I've done it even in our 10.2 test setup because I don't feel like wasting time.
-----------
kangkc
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1, PA , TMVGate
Version: 2.x
Excel Version: 36x

Post by kangkc »

Alan Kirk wrote: You still can; thankfully Iboglix doesn't (yet) hold a gun to your head and force you to use their artery-clogging GUI fluff.......
Yep, I know we can still configure instances using the same way as in 7/8/9.x.
However, the reality is with all the bells and whistles of Operation Console, Performance Modeler (Transfer -IT loves this), Scorecard etc etc..very tough to justify not to implement all these...
3.5GB of Iboglix vs 300MB of Applix
rks1
Version: 9.4.1
Excel Version: 2007

Post by rks1 »

Hey there!
Are there any European-non-British-Users who have problems to enter comma-digits into TM1-Web?
If I enter a number (e.g. 2,36), the entry is completely ignored. Nothing changes. The previous value is restored.
Example:

Old Cell Value: 5,36
Entered Cell Value: 7,12 [then press F9]
New Cell Value: 5,36

Other example:
Entered Cell Value: 7 [then press F9]
New Cell Value: 7

I have changed the regional settings in the browser (Chrome 28; IE10; FF 24) as well as on the server (Region and Language).

Is there some parameter I missed?

Best regards and thank you guys,
Konstantin
Gabor
MVP
Version: [2.x ...] 11.x / PAL 2.0.9
Excel Version: Excel 2013-2016

Post by Gabor »

I see a lot of things not working as expected in Web 10.2, with german settings it's even worse.
With regard to your scenario, the english IE writes back to main data, same client, but IE "talking" german, writes to personal workspace.
So, you need to go to Actions menue\Save data changes in IE to push back data.

Apart from that ... views not accessible under Applications - depending on language settings again, special characters in dim seem to cause immediate timeout, Kerberos not working for Integrated Login ... Finally you will be pointed to 10.2 FP1, which seems to be the only chance to get it to work.
Hopefully Santa will get it done before Christmas.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

I have noticed a few *funky* things happening with data spreading in 10.2 and I'm worried that spreading might be more broken than I have noticed so far which would be bad as I regard this as pretty core planning functionality.
1/ relative proportional spread just doesn't work in 10.2 web and returns an error (ok in Excel)
2/ sometimes proportional spread using add or subtract method does not do a proportional spread but does an even spread instead. (both web and excel clients) e.g proportional spread 1200 subtract on total year subtracts 100 from each month regardless of the values already entered in each month. Not what you want and not a good look.

Anyone else noticed any data spreading irregularities in 10.2?
flesh2011
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.1.1

Post by flesh2011 »

rks1 wrote:Hey there!
Are there any European-non-British-Users who have problems to enter comma-digits into TM1-Web?
If I enter a number (e.g. 2,36), the entry is completely ignored. Nothing changes. The previous value is restored.
Example:

Entered Cell Value: 7,12 [then press F9]
New Cell Value: 5,36

Other example:
Entered Cell Value: 7 [then press F9]
New Cell Value: 7

I have changed the regional settings in the browser (Chrome 28; IE10; FF 24) as well as on the server (Region and Language).

Is there some parameter I missed?

Best regards and thank you guys,
Konstantin

We also have the same issues.
Due to many bugs and time,we downgraded to 10.1 for the budgeting round.
I hope that a bigger FP/release is around the corner.
PlanningDev
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Post by PlanningDev »

Im not sure if this was mentioned but there is a KB note that explains you can use 10.1.1 TM1 Web with 10.2 server. You would hopefully not have to take on any of the bugs in 10.2 web but would get access to MTQ on the server side.

Just a thought for those that aren't having issues with the server but are having all the issues with the web.
karkea
Version: 9.5.2 10.1 10.2
Excel Version: 2007

Post by karkea »

lotsaram wrote:I have noticed a few *funky* things happening with data spreading in 10.2 and I'm worried that spreading might be more broken than I have noticed so far which would be bad as I regard this as pretty core planning functionality.
1/ relative proportional spread just doesn't work in 10.2 web and returns an error (ok in Excel)
2/ sometimes proportional spread using add or subtract method does not do a proportional spread but does an even spread instead. (both web and excel clients) e.g proportional spread 1200 subtract on total year subtracts 100 from each month regardless of the values already entered in each month. Not what you want and not a good look.

Anyone else noticed any data spreading irregularities in 10.2?
Relative proportional spread is definitely broken in 10.2 web and to my understanding there is supposed to be bug fix for that during November.

Related to proportional spread I haven't noticed any issues, but on the other hand I haven't used it heavily. I'll need to check this.
Olivier
Community Contributor
Version: Tm1 10.2.2fp4 -> 2.09
Excel Version: Excel 2013 - 2019

Post by Olivier »

Hi All,

Was looking forward to this friday the 13th to get an hold on FP1 for Tm1 10.2 but so far nothing...
Was curious to know if anybody did have any feedback about a release date for FP1 ?
( IBM Site is advertising it for Jan 2014).

Cheers,
Olivier
HTH
Olivier
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Post by qml »

Olivier wrote:Was curious to know if anybody did have any feedback about a release date for FP1 ?
An IBM official (one of their Product Managers) said yesterday it would be 'this side of Christmas'.
Kamil Arendt