10.1.1 Fixpack Releases

Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

10.1.1 Fixpack Releases

Post by Alan Kirk »

It appears that FP1 for 10.1.1 was released on the 13th of this month. I can't see any discussions on it unless it's been buried under another title.

Since Iboglix states that the FP:
provides important corrections for Cognos TM1 10.1.1 products and should be applied to all installations
I'm going to sticky this for 30 days. (Though how many users are actually on 10.1.1 as opposed to 10.1 or earlier is another matter.)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: 10.1.1 Fixpack (FP1) Release

Post by lotsaram »

You wouldn't believe it but as of Mon 18 March all the links in Fix Central to download 10.1.1 FP1 are broken. No wait, you would believe it because this is IBM we're talking about!

Edit: Well eventually managed to download 32 bit client and install and it does do what the box says as far as fixing the "bug" for repeated copy/paste on single cell not working. This is something that anyone working with TM1 all day every day has long learned to deal with and work around much like manual calculation. However it is something that always bothers new and irregular users and causes a lot of support calls so I'm glad IBM has finally fixed it! Behaviour is the same if the single cell being pasted to contains a DBR(W) but for any normal worksheet cell you can now copy/paste repeatedly. There's obviously some VBA going on in the background as ctrl+Y doesn't work. It would also have been nice if the standard Excel behaviour carried over to TM1 like being able to repeatedly paste a value into multiple DBR formulas but hey a fix is a fix.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

lotsaram wrote:You wouldn't believe it but as of Mon 18 March all the links in Fix Central to download 10.1.1 FP1 are broken. No wait, you would believe it because this is IBM we're talking about!

Edit: Well eventually managed to download 32 bit client and install and it does do what the box says as far as fixing the "bug" for repeated copy/paste on single cell not working. This is something that anyone working with TM1 all day every day has long learned to deal with and work around much like manual calculation. However it is something that always bothers new and irregular users and causes a lot of support calls so I'm glad IBM has finally fixed it! Behaviour is the same if the single cell being pasted to contains a DBR(W) but for any normal worksheet cell you can now copy/paste repeatedly. There's obviously some VBA going on in the background as ctrl+Y doesn't work. It would also have been nice if the standard Excel behaviour carried over to TM1 like being able to repeatedly paste a value into multiple DBR formulas but hey a fix is a fix.
Yes, I was going to post that I was able to download it, though unlike the olden days you have to log in to Fix central to get an FP these days.

The file was a chunky (polite adjective) or corpulent (accurate one) 828 juicy megs in the form of those stupid frappin tarrrrgggggzzz archives.

How much of that did I actually need?
Drive: Available: Required Estimate:
C:\ 152.81 GB 960.79 KB
Yes, 970kb Granted, that may be the net change but even so, I'm betting that this is another bloatware special.

Incidentally I can't confirm the fix yet as it's been sitting at 118 items out of 143 installed for the last half an hour.
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
moby91
MVP
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by moby91 »

Alan Kirk wrote:Incidentally I can't confirm the fix yet as it's been sitting at 118 items out of 143 installed for the last half an hour.
I have experienced this too. What did help was to add both the source directory you started the install from and the target directory (of your TM1 10.1.1 installation) to the exclude list of your virus scanner. After a successful installation delete delete the source directory, delete it from the exclude list of your virus scanner and finally start a full scan of the target directory.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

moby91 wrote:
Alan Kirk wrote:Incidentally I can't confirm the fix yet as it's been sitting at 118 items out of 143 installed for the last half an hour.
I have experienced this too. What did help was to add both the source directory you started the install from and the target directory (of your TM1 10.1.1 installation) to the exclude list of your virus scanner. After a successful installation delete delete the source directory, delete it from the exclude list of your virus scanner and finally start a full scan of the target directory.
Good tip.

However I think the problem in my case was that not all of the services had shut down properly. When I went back and checked one small server and the Admin server were both still running, or at least said that they were though there was no other evidence of it. The MS install package was still chewing up 25% of total processing time but a spawned process was sitting there on zero percent and at a guess was waiting for the services to shut down (without of course displaying a dialog to that effect). I killed the whole thing, killed the services and ran it again early this morning; that time it installed in around 10 minutes.
-----------
ikovan
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: Xcelerator

Post by ikovan »

Hi all.

I don't have any problem with downloading of this fix pack. I would like to know your experience with correction of replication of element attributes in this FP1.
Is it finally fixed or not? I upgraded to FP1, but replication of attributes doesn't work. Can you confirm this?

Replication of cubes and related dimensions should also replicate control object of each dimesion.

Thanks

Ivan
moby91
MVP
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by moby91 »

ikovan wrote:Replication of cubes and related dimensions should also replicate control object of each dimesion.
No, it does not, and has never done that.

When you replicate a cube, and one of the cube's dimensions has attributes, the element attributes cube }ElementAttributes_<Dimension> is not automatically replicated too. You have to manually check for dependencies and then replicate the dependant cubes as needed.

See for instance the thread ->

http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?p=5868
Does Replication replicate Dimension Attributes
harrytm1
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: IBM Planning Analytics
Version: Latest version
Excel Version: 2003 to 2019

Post by harrytm1 »

Hi,

I'm trying to install 10.1.1 FP1 on my machine over the existing 10.1.1 version.

The machine was previously installed with every component and clients, including Application Web and Cognos Insight.

The fixpack files come with 64-bit, 32-bit and one that is for clients only. After installing the 64-bit FP files, do I have to install the client files? Or the 64-bit FP files will also update the 32-bit clients such as Excel add-in and Cognos Insight at the same time?

After I had installed the 64-bit FP files and tried to run the 32-bit client FP files, it points to a filepath C:\Program Files (x86)\ibm\cognos\tm1 which does not exist.

Regards,
harry
Planning Analytics latest version, including Cloud
mvaspal
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10 2 2 - 2.0.5
Excel Version: From 2007 to 2013

Post by mvaspal »

Hi,

My experience is that it depends on how you installed the server components. I have gone through this recently:

Option1: clients were selected during 64bit server install
- clients are installed under C:\Program Files\ibm\cognos\tm1_64, of course they are still 32bit
- I think it is enough to run the 64bit server FP install

Option2: clients were installed separately through the 32 bit client installer
- by default clients are installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\ibm\cognos\tm1
- in this case, run the 32bit FP1 file for the client
Firefly007
OLAP Product: PA,PAW
Version: PA 2.0, PAW(2059)
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by Firefly007 »

Hello !

I installed 10.1.1 Fix pack 1 on existing TM 101.1.1 version. I am getting an error while opening the TM 1 perspective excel which was installed along with 64 bit software on window 2008 server R2. I am getting this error after applying the Fix pack 1 . before that it was working pretty much fine.

I tried to u n- register and register MSCOMCTL.OCX still it doesn't work . Any clue?

Regards
Steven Marshall
Version: TM1 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2003-2010

Post by Steven Marshall »

Try this,
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download ... x?id=36841

I had the same problem and re-registering didn't help but the above patch worked a treat.

Steven
Firefly007
OLAP Product: PA,PAW
Version: PA 2.0, PAW(2059)
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by Firefly007 »

Thanks For your reply Marshall.

Before applying the fixes which you have provided in the link i have seen my excel was not up to date on the server. i have updated with SP2 and later applied the fix it worked for me.
nedcpatm1
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by nedcpatm1 »

Is there any "installation" documentation available for the 10.1.1 Fixpack (FP1)? Please share the URL.

Ned
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

nedcpatm1 wrote:Is there any "installation" documentation available for the 10.1.1 Fixpack (FP1)? Please share the URL.
Links to all documentation (including this documentation) will be found in the IBM Support Links section of the FAQ. 10.1.1 documentation will be found on the same links as 10.1.
-----------
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Re: 10.1.1 Fixpack 2 Release

Post by Alan Kirk »

After a false start (it was announced a few days back but the website page was pulled) it appears that Iboglix really has released FP2 for 10.1.1.

The main page will be found here. The fix list will be found here, and the list is lengthy enough to warrant a look. The release notes are here. Functionality changes include:
- Locking and Transaction behavior of the SaveDataAll and CubeSaveData TurboIntegrator functions has changed - http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg227039732
- Browser language settings for Internet Explorer 10 do not affect display of Simplified Chinese or Traditional Chinese in TM1 Web and Application Web - http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27040082
- The date separator used for data entry in TM1 Web must correspond to the date separator for the current browser locale - http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27040059
I'll re-sticky this one for 30 days.
-----------
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: 10.1.1 Fixpack Releases

Post by declanr »

But still seemingly no fix for entering percentages in the web using a keyboards number pad other than upgrading to 10.2.... suppose its hardly surprising they will put limited effort into improving a now redundant old skool TM1 Web :(
Declan Rodger
Andy Key
MVP
Version: 2.5 to PA
Excel Version: Lots

Post by Andy Key »

If you're looking for the page on Locking and Transaction behaviour of SaveDataAll and CubeSaveData, IBM have updated the link to http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27039732
Andy Key
George Regateiro
MVP
Excel Version: 2007 SP3

Post by George Regateiro »

Is it sad that I opened up this topic and the first post I saw was about broken links days after the product release and then realized it was a post from March and not from Fix Pack 2 which also launched with broken links.

That being said these SaveDataAll changes have the potential to be huge.
digger
OLAP Product: TM1 and Cognos BI
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010

Post by digger »

Any one "install" this FP2? Any instructions any one can share?

This looks different the FP1:
“This fix pack is an updater only and must be applied to an existing Cognos TM1 10.1.1 installation. This Fix Pack contains fixes addressing defects ( including Cognos Insight fixes). This Fix Pack includes previous Fix Packs. Additional information can be found in the release notes”
And
“This Fix Pack requires an existing installation of Cognos TM1 10.1.1. It will also install over any previous Fix Packs or interim hot fixes.”
solverxyz
OLAP Product: NONE
Version: TM1 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2003

Post by solverxyz »

I have install FP2 which fixed a issue in my on-going project:

PM97381 TM1 Excel function SUBSIZ and SUBNM does not display new values on recalculate if the subset has changed

Nothing strange anymore. All works fine.

Fix List:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... ab_1011FP2

Download:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg24036318