EP_explorer
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: PAL
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Formatting settings in TM1

Post by EP_explorer »

Is it possible in TM-1 do such things
1. apply some style - bold or for example Italic for some elements in subset or dimension (some sort of format)
2. do the same thing for date - some lines are bold - where I want and others - are as usual

for example

Region1 1 2 3
Region2 1 2 3
Region3 1 2 3

May be possible not in Architect but in some clients - Application Web or Insight
Harvey
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PA, TM1, CX, Palo
Version: TM1 8.3 onwards
Excel Version: 2003 onwards

Re: Formatting settings in TM1

Post by Harvey »

If you create an Excel worksheet, you can use any kind of formatting that Excel supports, including conditional formatting. I would imagine there would be a way to do what you want in Excel -- there's very little you can't get done with a little imagination!

Many of Excel's formatting features work in Websheets, but you may have to play around a bit to get it to work.

Insight may one day do what you want, but the current version does not as far as I know.
Take your TM1 experience to the next level - TM1Innovators.net
Olivier
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Tm1 10.2.2fp4 -> 2.09
Excel Version: Excel 2013 - 2019

Post by Olivier »

I don't think this can be done in TM1 Cube views if that s what the OP had in mind.

In Excel, it could be done in so many ways as Lazarus said.

I would just add that If the element to format is determined by data / conditions / position in hierarchy / rules calculations,
you could consider to create a specific attribute to generate a reference you could use to support your conditional formatting in Excel.

Hope this helps,
Kind Regards,

Olivier
HTH
Olivier
EP_explorer
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: PAL
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Post by EP_explorer »

Thank you for answers.

I wanted to format elements based on elements attributes indeed but in web clients not in Excel
It is pity if it is impossible
stephen waters
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10_2_2
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by stephen waters »

EP_explorer wrote:I wanted to format elements based on elements attributes indeed but in web clients not in Excel
It is pity if it is impossible
It is possible with websheets? They are web clients but using Excel formatting. Much better than Web views. Very quick and simple though they may need a bit of fine tuning between Excel and Websheet versions.