IBM Cognos TM1 Application:Could not connect to TM1 Server

appleglaze28
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1, Planning
Version: 9.1 SP3 9.4 MR1 FP1 9.5
Excel Version: 2003

IBM Cognos TM1 Application:Could not connect to TM1 Server

Post by appleglaze28 »

Just wondering...if anybody encountered this problem before. I'm trying to log into the TM1 Contributor Application as a user but every time I log in I get this error.

I know its how I set the CAM security that's causing the problem but I'm not sure what. I have no problem logging in the Server Explorer...so I'm not quite sure where BI is having a problem connecting with the TM1 Server.

This is TM1 10.1 with IBM Cognos BI 10.1.1
Attachments
IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10.1 & IBM Cognos TM 10.1 Demo VMWare-2012-05-18-16-25-08.png
IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10.1 & IBM Cognos TM 10.1 Demo VMWare-2012-05-18-16-25-08.png (39.93 KiB) Viewed 6484 times
g_suresh81
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2007

Re: IBM Cognos TM1 Application:Could not connect to TM1 Serv

Post by g_suresh81 »

Hi,
Have you started that TM1 server?if you started already then shut down the server and start again and check whether Apache server is running or not. if it is not running, then start again.

Thanks,
Suresh.
hardstep
OLAP Product: TM1, EP, Powerplay, C8/C10
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2013

Post by hardstep »

Also having the same problem on Cognos Express 10.
The problem is intermittent - connect first time you get the error, connect again and it will connect fine.

Very frustrating !.
moby91
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by moby91 »

appleglaze28 wrote:Just wondering...if anybody encountered this problem before. I'm trying to log into the TM1 Contributor Application as a user but every time I log in I get this error.
Can you log into the TM1 Contributor Application as a TM1 user being a member of the TM1 User Group Admin or Data Admin ?
But when you log into the TM1 Contributor Application as a TM1 user NOT being a member of the TM1 User Group Admin or Data Admin, then you got the error message ?

After you got the error message:
IBM Cognos TM1 Application
Could not connect to the TM1 Server

check the TM1 Contributor logfile pmpsvc.log for an error message looking like:
ERROR (listApplications) com.ibm.cognos.pmpsvc.session.PMPSVCSession - An exception occurred while initializing TM1 session

Is there such an error message whose timestamp matches the time you got the error message "Could not connect to the TM1 Server" when you tried to access the application ?

If there is such an error message in your TM1 Application Web logfile pmpsvc.log then:
- Stop&Restart the TM1 Contributor (Windows) Service.
- Logon as a TM1 user being a member of either the TM1 ADMIN group or TM1 Data Admin group.
- Open the application rights page and save application rights.