Values in TM1 Web and architect cube are different

vinnusea
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Values in TM1 Web and architect cube are different

Post by vinnusea »

Hi,
I have a issue with data showing in cube (architect ) and same intersection in Active form both are not same. Behaving like active form is caching data. I restarted server but no luck.Even i double checked the DBRW formula to see which intersection the cell is referring . For same intersection the cube calculated value is 0 and the Active form in TM1 Web and Perspectives showing 2000$ ....same way for many products for a particular month.
Check feeders does not show any 'Not Fed' status too. They are fed properly.
Let me know if needed any more information.

Appreciate your help. Thank you
Attachments
TM1 web Error.JPG
TM1 web Error.JPG (35.04 KiB) Viewed 5351 times
Thanks
Vinnusea
Harvey
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PA, TM1, CX, Palo
Version: TM1 8.3 onwards
Excel Version: 2003 onwards

Re: Values in TM1 Web and architect cube are different

Post by Harvey »

vinnusea wrote:I have a issue with data showing in cube (architect ) and same intersection in Active form both are not same.
I haven't come across an issue with an active form caching or showing incorrect numbers. I'm sure we would have heard from other forum members if it was a known bug.

If your values are rule-calculated, check the feeders. Consolidated values will show as zero if they are consolidating unfed calculations.

Otherwise, I would suggest checking from the basics up. Is your Admin Host correct, do the forumulas point to the correct server name, is the cube name correct? F9 all the DBRW values to ensure they are the intersection you intend, etc.

The screenshot you attached doesn't look like an active form. How did it know to call your period column "Dec" when the element is "12-2012"?

If it's just a regular Excel spreadsheet as opposed to an active form, then you've just gotta check and double check. You can safely assume TM1 won't show an incorrect value.

It's hard to help beyond that without having access to the spreadsheet and server.
Take your TM1 experience to the next level - TM1Innovators.net
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
Version: 10.1

Post by Martin Ryan »

Your cube view says "Prath standard (Variance to live Plan)". Your active form says "Fcst". Those two don't sound like the same thing to me.

If they are the same can you try showing a complete screenshot, showing the entire cube including server and cube name. If you need to, check with your manager about not blanking things out, as it can make the issue much harder to diagnose. For the active form part can you run a trace on it (e.g. with this tool) and include that in the screenshot. The more info you can include the better.

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
vinnusea
Version: 10.2

Post by vinnusea »

Yes , It is not caching . Active form is created from the same cube view but in excel i have done lot of calculations and also converted period structure to show month names and a lot of stuff. Some how excel formula got disturbed and only December pulled data from different year.Sorry for posting.
Thanks
Vinnusea
vins
Version: 10.1

Post by vins »

HI All,

I am having similar issue and i have looked into for a lot of time in different angels.

I am getting correct data in TM1 Perspective in an active for for rule based column. When i publish it in TM1 web , the column does not show correct data.
Please give your precious suggestions.

I know the issue might be very silly but your suggestions will be very helpful.

Thanks !!!
stephen waters
MVP
Version: 10_2_2
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by stephen waters »

vins wrote:HI All,I am having similar issue .... I know the issue might be very silly
Vins,
First can I make some points about your forum use?
You have looked at previous posts, which is good, but in both this post and your other one today, you have done a response to old threads. This can be confusing as people read through discusssions about older versions etc which may be out of date. It may be better to link to them and say "similar to.. "

You have ignored the posting guidelines , and the request earlier in this thread, to post full details, eg screenshots, details of formulae etc.

On this thread it turned out the problem was user error, so if you are having similar issues make sure you are not making similar users errors!

My suggestion? Check all your Excel formulae, make sure the web report you are looking at is the same version as the Excel based report, check you have recalculated\rebuilt the form, ensure the selections are the same. If you are still having problems post again with full details.