Administrator Options greyed out

VanBrink
OLAP Product: TM1, PA, PAW, PAX
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: MS Office 365

Administrator Options greyed out

Post by VanBrink »

Hi everyone

I have recently upgraded from CX 9.5.2 to CX 10.1. Everything worked prior to the upgrade and everything web based is working great after the upgrade.

I have an issue with Xcelerator. If I log onto Xcelerator I do not have any access to Logs, Security or any admin functions. It is either greyed out or not accessible at all (please see snapshot).
[img]C:\Clients\PIC\Snapshots%20&%20Pictures\Administrator.png[/img]

I have tried the following:
  • Change SecurityMode to 2 (from 4), restart model, login and try to set Administrator to ADMIN group. Client/Group is not accessible.
  • Copied over the Tm1p.lic file to the Data folder (D:\CognosData\cxmd), copied it to the CXMD folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Cognos Express\Xcelerator\Custom\TM1Data\CXMD) and copied it to the User folder (C:\Users\vbrink\AppData\Roaming\Applix\TM1). No administrator rights.
  • Started the model as normal TM1 short cut on my local machine and changed Administrator to be included in ADMIN group, Security group and DataAdmin group. Started the model on the server and still Admin functions is greyed out.
Have anyone experienced a issue like this before?

Van Zyl
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Administrator Options greyed out

Post by lotsaram »

The symptoms you are describing sounds like missing tm1p.lic file on the CLIENT.

The tm1p.ini file goes in the user directory, but the tm1p.lic file goes in the "All Users" directory. For XP the path would be ...
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Applix\TM1
(Looks like you are on win7 so just adjust as per OS defaults)
VanBrink

Post by VanBrink »

Yes I am working on Win7.

The only user that has a TM1 folder is the account vbrink (C:\Users\vbrink\AppData\Roaming\Applix\TM1). All the other accounts including the default user does not have any Applix folder under Roaming?
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

For win7 try
c:\programdata\applix\tm1
or in the bin directory itself
c:\program files\cognos\tm1\bin

(those are the paths for TM1, paths might be different for CX)
(also should mention that it is the tm1p8.lic file ... I always forget about the 8)
VanBrink

Post by VanBrink »

It is still not allowing my Admin rights by copying the TM1p8.lic into C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Cognos Express\bin.

What is strange is that I do not have a specific TM1 bin folder anymore. In C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Cognos Express folder there is a bin and bin64 folder. In the Xcelerator folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Cognos Express\Xcelerator) there is NO bin folder and in the ProgramData folder (C:\ProgramData) there is no Applix folder. In CX 10 have they combined all the bin folders into 1?

Might it be that CX 10.1 TM1p8 license is different than CX 9.5.2 TM1p8 license?
VanBrink

Post by VanBrink »

It seems that Xcelerator client was not installed when the Xcelerator component was installed on the server thus giving me incorrect access to the application.