JayM
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2007

Change not reflected in Active form

Post by JayM »

Hi All,

I need help with following.

My Active form is not getting updated automatically after doing some changes in TM1cube.

Initially I sliced my active form with all the data exposed(drilled down) and saved it. Now I have done some changes to the cube and want my data under some specific element and not drilled down.

Ideally I should see my change of cube in my active form with all my data drilled up under some specific element. Instead what I see is both, I can see my old data (all drilled down) and also the new change with data under some specific element.

Can someone please help me how to reflect my change in the active form without the old data or view?

Thanks,
Jay
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: Change not reflected in Active form

Post by tomok »

How did you create the active form? From scratch or did you click on the Active Form icon when in a view? If it was based on a view, were all your "non-title" dimensions based on a subset? If not, then those selections are just hard-coded into the active form report and will not update. Go back to the view and make sure each dimension has a valid subset selected and then rebuild the active form.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
Christopher Kernahan
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: Office 2010

Post by Christopher Kernahan »

How are you refreshing the Active Form? Are you pressing Shift-F9 or are you using the Rebuild Form toolbar button/Active Button with Rebuild command.
JayM

Post by JayM »

Hi Chris,

I am rebuilding the current sheet with button provided in the Active form. Is it wrong? Do I need to perform any other checks to update the current sheet?

Regards
Christopher Kernahan
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: Office 2010

Post by Christopher Kernahan »

Hi JayM,

Buttons aren't outputted when you output an ActiveForm from a cube - so is the button an Action Button or an Excel form button with VBA behind it.

I see that you wrote you made changes in the cube and now want the Active form to reflect these. But you don't specify what changes - is it to data or is it to structure? What exactly should be reflected?

If it is structure, then it doesn't sound like your subset is dynamic. For example, if you wanted to show elements that meet a certain criteria (ie Attribute account type is 'P/L') then you need an MDX subset that produces this and to include this in the Active Form Row formula (first row).

Active Forms are tricky beasts. In addition to what tomok said, check
the number at the end of the Named Ranges is the same as the number at the end of the TM1ViewReport formula.

And when all else fails it is sometimes easier to cut your losses and rebuild the Active Form.
JayM

Post by JayM »

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

By change I meant the structure. I changed the data from list view to tree view and I need that to be reflected in the Active form.

I will try and implement the comments above.