Performance Modeller giving Exception while generating rule

Brinda
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2010

Performance Modeller giving Exception while generating rule

Post by Brinda »

Hi,
I Have a weird problem today while working with Performance Modeller.
I created new Links from a SourceCube (A) to a Target Cube(B). and also deleted some links between the same cubes.
The Performance Modeller, does not seem to update the rules (delete old ones and create new ones). When trying to explicitly say 'Generate Rule' on right -clicking the cube, it throws an error as follows: Error Generating Rule -> com.cognos.pmta.api.exceptions.TM1APIException: com.ibm.cognos.tm1.TM1Exception: ConnectionIsBeingUsedByChore

Please advice/help.

Thanks,
Brinda
ruchika512
OLAP Product: Tm1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2007

Re: Performance Modeller giving Exception while generating

Post by ruchika512 »

Hi
We are facing the same issue, but not getting any error.. The feeders and rules were not updated when I updated the link, so I tried to delte it to create a new one.
After deleting it when I checked the rule files, both rules in target cube and feeders in source cube are present.
Not sure how to clean it before creating a new link.
If you've solved the problem, please let us know how did you solved it and whats the exact behavior of links. It behaves strangely sometimes.
Brinda
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Performance Modeller giving Exception while generating

Post by Brinda »

Does anyone know how to fix this isse?
I am unable to use Performance Modeler because of this. And I am having to write Rules and Feeders every single time we make some change.