Paul Segal
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 11 and up
Excel Version: Too many to count

TM1P.INI oddity on Citrix

Post by Paul Segal »

Hi all,

I'm running 9.52 on Citrix, in fact on a few Citrix boxes (XenApp 6.0 and Server 2008 R2). When I try and switch the admin server from serverA to serverB on the Excel client, it keeps looking at serverA. I've done this manually, and using OPTSET, and the tm1p.ini file says it's looking as ServerB, but even on restarting Excel it will continue to look at ServerA. I've done a search but I can't see any extraneous tm1p.ini files, although with Server 2008 I'm never quite sure I've got everything.

Any ideas?

Regards
Paul
asutcliffe
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 9.4.1 - 10.1
Excel Version: 2003 and 2007

Re: TM1P.INI oddity on Citrix

Post by asutcliffe »

Paul Segal wrote:Hi all,

I'm running 9.52 on Citrix, in fact on a few Citrix boxes (XenApp 6.0 and Server 2008 R2). When I try and switch the admin server from serverA to serverB on the Excel client, it keeps looking at serverA. I've done this manually, and using OPTSET, and the tm1p.ini file says it's looking as ServerB, but even on restarting Excel it will continue to look at ServerA. I've done a search but I can't see any extraneous tm1p.ini files, although with Server 2008 I'm never quite sure I've got everything.

Any ideas?

Regards
I take it this only happens when running the client within Citrix?

When you change the admin server to serverB within perspectives does it revert to serverA or does it show serverB but appear to continue to connect to serverA? If the latter, could the problem actually be with DNS? That is, both the names serverA and serverB are actually resolving to the same thing?
Paul Segal
Community Contributor
Version: TM1 11 and up
Excel Version: Too many to count

Post by Paul Segal »

Hi,

Yes, just within Citrix. I don't think it is a DNS issue, but I have tried with ip addresses and the same thing occurs.

The .ini files takes the new (ServerB) admin server address, but it continues to connect to ServerA as well (sorry, I may not have made that clear in my original post).

Regards
Paul
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

Is it possible the problemis at the other end and that both servers are registering to the same admin server? Its easily done if you are copying around cfgs.
Cheers
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
dkleist

Post by dkleist »

Are you doing this in install mode or user mode? I don't anything sticks in Citrix unless you're in install mode (I'm no Citrix expert though).