get max value from children

fdormz
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

get max value from children

Post by fdormz »

Hi it is my first post!!!

excuse my poor english. I have problem with consolidate string cell. I have 4 dimensions: a) consecutive number b) región c)status and d)variables (start date, finish date, time between dates). the consecutive number dimension had 2 levels: a consolidate member (all activities) and children members ( from 1 to 10). In the consolidate member (all activities) the value to variable -start date- is the date of activity number 1, the value to -finish date- is the finish date value of last activity. my problem is with consolidate elements I need select the oldest first date between of the all activities and put it in the consolidation cell.

Can somebody help me??
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: get max value from children

Post by Alan Kirk »

fdormz wrote:Hi it is my first post!!!

excuse my poor english. I have problem with consolidate string cell. I have 4 dimensions: a) consecutive number b) región c)status and d)variables (start date, finish date, time between dates). the consecutive number dimension had 2 levels: a consolidate member (all activities) and children members ( from 1 to 10). In the consolidate member (all activities) the value to variable -start date- is the date of activity number 1, the value to -finish date- is the finish date value of last activity. my problem is with consolidate elements I need select the oldest first date between of the all activities and put it in the consolidation cell.

Can somebody help me??
I suggest looking at the last post in this thread.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Duncan P
MVP
Version: 9.5.2 10.1 10.2
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by Duncan P »

fdormz wrote: I have problem with consolidate string cell.
If your dates are strings then the functions Alan pointed you to will not work directly. You will need to calculate the serial number for each date and take the max of those.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

Duncan P wrote:
fdormz wrote: I have problem with consolidate string cell.
If your dates are strings then the functions Alan pointed you to will not work directly.
Ooops. I replied to the subject line rather than the question. Mea culpa. :oops:
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
stephen waters
MVP
Version: 10_2_2
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by stephen waters »

Alan Kirk wrote:Ooops. I replied to the subject line rather than the question.....oops:
If I had replied to the subject line my advice would have been something like "teach them the value of money and the virtues of looking after aged parents" ;-)