Exposing TM1 cube views and subsets in Cognos Report Studio

barmorris@gmail.com
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5 10.1 10.2
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Exposing TM1 cube views and subsets in Cognos Report Studio

Post by barmorris@gmail.com »

If You Could ask the TM1 Development Team a Question.......

How can I see TM1 views and subsets in Cognos BI 10.2

I am looking for the best way to expose TM1 cube views and subsets in Cognos Report studio
I have some complex TM1 cubes packaged with Framework Manager, they all have multiple complex views and subsets, It will take a few days to rebuild in Report Studio the same logic.
As far as I understand, it is not optional to see TM1 views and subsets in the Cognos BI environment.
I considered opening the views in Cognos Insight and publishing them, however the customer looses the ability to switch between viewed and subsets, any suggestions? Also once published the user will have to manage the view twice, any update in TM1 will have to be replicated in BI or republished.
Last edited by Alan Kirk on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from the "If you could ask the development team a question" topic; this sort of question wasn't intended for that as per Jim's first post in it.
Christopher Kernahan
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: Office 2010

Re: Exposing TM1 cube views and subsets in Cognos Report Stu

Post by Christopher Kernahan »

Hi,

As I understand the tools, currently views and subsets are not available in Cognos Report Studio.

A common approach is to build a specific TM1 cube for reporting from Cognos - structure your dimensions with the consolidations and subsets that are required specifically for <i>reporting</i>.