TM1 10.1 Linux login issue

David Usherwood
Site Admin

TM1 10.1 Linux login issue

Post by David Usherwood »

I'm trying out 10.1 running Ubuntu 11.04 - yes I know it's not an IBM supported version, just couldn't face installing RedHat :) .
I've managed to install the software without errors and run up a couple of the sample servers (SData and PlanSamp) which show up fine in Architect/Perspectives 10.1 on a Wintel box. So far so good... But, when I click to logon, I get no logon dialogue, and after a short time the hourglass goes away. On Perspectives, when I use Connect, the user and pwd are greyed out. I have IntegratedSecurityMode set to 1, and UseSSL set to F (tried T as well).
Ideas, anyone? Jim, for instance?
aitkeni
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: TM1 10.1 Linux login issue

Post by aitkeni »

Hi,

I assume you are trying to logon using architect.
I think its a ports / firewall issue
Usually the tm1 admin server is accessible because the tm1 admin port is registered in /etc/ports ?
So tm1admin will be able to broadcast the list of tm1servers, however when you connect to that server (eg Planning Sample) this is now using the server port
To find your server port open your tm1s.cfg in the /<install>/tm1/samples/tm1/plansamp/ directory ( by default it is 12345 )
Then open that port in your firewall on the ubuntu machine

Hope that helps

Ian
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd thought of firewalling myself, but I believe I'm not currently running an active firewall - ufw -status shows inactive, and iptables -L shows no entries. I've tried telnet localhost 12346 (the port the server is on) and it does connect.
Further ideas very welcome.
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Just to close the loop, this was solved by adding

Code: Select all

IPAddress=T
to the tm1s.cfg file - don't ask me why, or why IBM didn't document this (yes, I know Ubuntu isn't supported, but I doubt it's Ubuntu specific)
See
http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8269
and thanks to Gabor, who caught me out when I tried to correct him by referring to the documentation :oops:
Next step is to work out how to port Wintel-originated servers in - the docs refer to TM1XFER, which I can't find in my Windows installs.