Error number 254 and broken TI processes

Velteron
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 10

Error number 254 and broken TI processes

Post by Velteron »

Hello everyone!
I'm new to Cognos TM1 and now developing application for my company.
Cognos TM1 9.5.2

I've got something strange with my TurboIntegrator processes.

After making some changes to processes I wrote, there is always an error number 254 in server logs that says :
"Error number 254 has ocurred but the language file is out of date. If you want to get the message for this error copy the language file to your TM1 programs directory and start the server again".
This error occurs every time I start the process, even if it's said that the process was done successfully.

And the strangest thing - any functions like CellPutN stop working. And even if I create new process, write there CellPutN and even set specific elements' like

Code: Select all

CellPutN(100, 'PL', 'January', 'FY11-12', 'Revenue', 'IT Dep', 'Value');
nothing will hapen and the value wouldn't be written to the cube and there will be two messages: proccess have been done successfully and error number 254 after that.
Restart doesn't help.

I have to restore my application from backups to make turbointegrator processes work again :(

Admin note: Moved to the correct forum. This is not a bug
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: Error number 254 and broken TI processes

Post by declanr »

Velteron,

Before you started developing the application, was it implemented and working correctly?

If so what has changed in between it processing correctly and giving you the error message?

Based on the message it gives you I would guess that language files have been deleted out of the directory but finding logic in the error messages is sometimes not exactly as expected...

If it is a language file issue, there is possibly also an actual error which it can't explain to you until it has the language file replaced and therefore the capability to do so.

... so... have any files been deleted out of the installation directory?
Declan Rodger
Velteron

Post by Velteron »

Before you started developing the application, was it implemented and working correctly?
It worked correctly
If so what has changed in between it processing correctly and giving you the error message?
Hard to say. I don't know exactly, just changing process, adding new variables and new functions.
Based on the message it gives you I would guess that language files have been deleted out of the directory but finding logic in the error messages is sometimes not exactly as expected...
The language file hasn't been deleted. I've found it, it's called tm1s.lng in bin directory. I checked it out with notepad. There are rows with error number and its description.
The strange thing that there is no row with 254 error number. I can't explain how it was deleted from this file :shock:
I'd be grateful If anybody look what's this row :roll:
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

Below is the language file from 10.1 as I don't have 9.5.2 installed currently but I did have a scan over Express 9.5 and its language file is identical except it only goes as far as row 429... so its safe to assume that row 254 in 9.5.2 is as stated in here... and as expected it doesn't really help much.

Assuming you have a dev environment I would copy and paste this into the language file and then do a restart and see what messages/result you get now.

Edit - Error codes removed from post contents into attachment.
Attachments
ErrorCodes.txt
(22 KiB) Downloaded 366 times
Last edited by declanr on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Declan Rodger
Velteron

Post by Velteron »

Thank you!
I don't know why my file is corrupted, and it really seems that 254 message won't help me anyway :) Well, I've restored my application using backup and it works fine at least for now.
moby91
MVP
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by moby91 »

Your TM1 server language file tm1s.lng missing a line to map the server message code 254 to some readable message text, what language are the clear text messages in ?
I assume you are not using an english TM1 server language file tm1s.lng, are you ?
Are you using a russian TM1 server language file tm1s.lng ?
When you installed the TM1 server software, what language did you select ?
Russian ?
rambo
Excel Version: 2010

Post by rambo »

You should check the }CubeProperties cube and check the DATARESERVATIONMODE property. This can be set to REQUIREDSHARED when you have an active Contributor Application within your model. The TI process needs to aquire data reservation before editing values. Setting the property to OFF will stop this error occuring.
kaazimraza
OLAP Product: TM1, SSAS, Power BI
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2016

Post by kaazimraza »

rambo wrote:You should check the }CubeProperties cube and check the DATARESERVATIONMODE property. This can be set to REQUIREDSHARED when you have an active Contributor Application within your model. The TI process needs to aquire data reservation before editing values. Setting the property to OFF will stop this error occuring.
How can we enable or make the TI to acquire data reservation?
Thanks,

Kaz
Andy Key
MVP
Version: 2.5 to PA
Excel Version: Lots

Post by Andy Key »

Looking in the Developer guide for Data Reservations would be a good starting point...
Andy Key