TM1 8.x to 9.5.2

Jeremy_C
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 8.x to 9.x
Excel Version: 2003 - forward

TM1 8.x to 9.5.2

Post by Jeremy_C »

I have a client who is currently running tm1 8.4.5 in tandem with OLAP Objects v4. They are planning on moving to Excel 2010 in the next few months, and therefore need to migrate to the brand-new (scary) TM1 9.5.2. I am seriously worried that doom is inevitable. I would love to hear from others that have migrated from 8 to 9.4 or later (after the Unicode switch) and get a lead on any common (or uncommon) problems I should expect. Any advice is sincerely appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Jeremy_C
Mike Cowie
Site Admin
OLAP Product: IBM TM1/PA, SSAS, and more
Version: Anything thru 11.x
Excel Version: 2003 - Office 365

Re: TM1 8.x to 9.5.2

Post by Mike Cowie »

Hi Jeremy:

Excel 2010 can work just fine with earlier TM1 releases if you're concerned about 9.5.2's newness and would rather choose a supported TM1 release other than 9.5.2. Either way, make sure it isn't 64-bit Excel 2010 - that won't work with any TM1 Perspectives version at this time. This is a big jump in TM1 releases and hopefully you've planned plenty of time for testing, regardless the new TM1 release you choose.

On the OLAPObjects front: please feel free to send me a PM or email support@olapobjects.com with regards to OLAPObjects 4. You should really upgrade the client to OLAPObjects v5 for a number of reasons (the biggest reason being that v4 is no longer supported).

Regards,
Mike
Mike Cowie
QueBIT Consulting, LLC

Are you lost without Print Reports in Planning Analytics for Excel (PAfE)? Get it back today, for free, with Print Reports for IBM Planning Analytics for Excel!
Jeremy_C
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 8.x to 9.x
Excel Version: 2003 - forward

Post by Jeremy_C »

Mike Cowie wrote:Hi Jeremy:

Excel 2010 can work just fine with earlier TM1 releases if you're concerned about 9.5.2's newness and would rather choose a supported TM1 release other than 9.5.2.
Thanks, Mike! I am a bit confused, though. Why is Excel 2010 compatibilty listed as a new feature of 9.5.2?

Jeremy C
Mike Cowie
Site Admin
OLAP Product: IBM TM1/PA, SSAS, and more
Version: Anything thru 11.x
Excel Version: 2003 - Office 365

Post by Mike Cowie »

It's basically the difference between "officially supported" and "it works". There's some risk in running Excel 2010 and an earlier (than 9.5.2) release if you run into an issue specific to Excel 2010 because IBM will say it isn't "officially supported", even though as far as I can tell it seems as though "it works".

-Mike
Mike Cowie
QueBIT Consulting, LLC

Are you lost without Print Reports in Planning Analytics for Excel (PAfE)? Get it back today, for free, with Print Reports for IBM Planning Analytics for Excel!