TM1APIDOTNET Exception: Maximum number of connections exceed

shockwave
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.1.3
Excel Version: 2003 SP3

TM1APIDOTNET Exception: Maximum number of connections exceed

Post by shockwave »

Hi Guys,

is there a way to clear this on the server?? Off the top of my head there some setting in IIS to reset connections or something ( I think this is it) am i wrong here?? If this is what it is how do i reset this??

TM1APIDOTNET Exception: Maximum number of connections exceeded on the server.

Cheers

Shock
George Regateiro
MVP
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2007 SP3

Re: TM1APIDOTNET Exception: Maximum number of connections ex

Post by George Regateiro »

This sounds more like the Max Connections setting that you can set per user through the security interface. Appears like the user is logged into TM1 too many times.

Are you getting this error through custom .NET code or is this something like TM1Web returning the error?
jimshen

Post by jimshen »

Hi Shock,

Years ago when I tested Dundas Chart with TM1, and got similar issue. What I found is that you can get into TM1 when running MDX statement and counts you once connected, however, the connection stays there even you get off tm1 by codes. So you can get such message after a few tests.

I remember finally I found a workaround. For some reason, I could not continue that project and so it is hard to get that part job now. You can go on that direction if it is the same issue

Cheers

Jim
shockwave
Version: 9.1.3
Excel Version: 2003 SP3

Post by shockwave »

Hi George,

Thanks for your reply. Running this through customer .net. Because a code error the connection was kept open. Just had to disconnect myself within TM1 and the issue was resolved (thanks Ben). I thought this may have been some sort of ISS thing, but was wrong on this occasion.

Cheers

Shock