date display

angel1234
OLAP Product: tm1 cognos
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2007

date display

Post by angel1234 »

hi,

I am trying to create a calender dimension using excel perspective.(dim.xdi). in that my date format is like 1-mar-2010-thu. but when the dimension is getting saved , the elements (sample =1-mar-2010-thu) are displayed in the dimension editor as a numerical value(something like 45678) corresponding to the date format given in the excel.I need to display date as '1-mar-2010-thu' in the dimension structure also.So please give me suggestions how to do over this....

Thanks and regards,
Angel
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: date display

Post by Alan Kirk »

angel1234 wrote: I am trying to create a calender dimension using excel perspective.(dim.xdi). in that my date format is like 1-mar-2010-thu. but when the dimension is getting saved , the elements (sample =1-mar-2010-thu) are displayed in the dimension editor as a numerical value(something like 45678) corresponding to the date format given in the excel.I need to display date as '1-mar-2010-thu' in the dimension structure also.So please give me suggestions how to do over this....
I suggest that you have a read of my Using Dates And Times In TM1 thread. But in short, you'll need to define the dates as text in the .xdi, not merely using formats for date values. You can use Excel to create the dates as values, then use the =TEXT(CellContainingDate,"DD-Mmm-YY") function to convert that to text, copy and paste as values over your original calculated dates.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.