Reach Client Cube Viewer Using

asvlad
OLAP Product: TM1, Transformer, EP, MSAS
Version: 2.0.6
Excel Version: 2016

Reach Client Cube Viewer Using

Post by asvlad »

A need to use Cube Viewer of Reach Client (Perspectives) to display a cube from my Excel (VBA) project.

I know, that the TM1 Web API is accessible for me, but it is not satisfy to the customer recurrences.

I have already investigated the API Guide for such opportunity, but there is not exists such functionality.

Anybody can help me?
asvlad

Re: Reach Client Cube Viewer Using

Post by asvlad »

Have anybody some information about this question?

I have already found out, that this functionality exists in TM1P.DLL. But I haven't description of its export functions and subs.
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood »

Architect is Perspectives without Excel. I can't say I'm completely clear about what you want to do, but you can display the cube viewer without Perspectives, using Architect. I doubt you can show a cube viewer directly using (say) VB, but there are so many frontends now to deliver cube data I can't see the point. Suggest you ask the customer why this is so necessary.
asvlad

Post by asvlad »

I want to display cube data with cube viewer interface of reach client (not architect, but Perspectives), but i don't want USE the data of the cube for placing it on the Excel sheet. I need functionality to directly open the cube viewer with definite cube view without using navigation of Server Explorer window.

For example, after button click, which is placed on the Excel sheet, the cube viewer window with definite cube view must be opened.
rkaif
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 9.1 or later
Excel Version: 2003 or later

Post by rkaif »

There is not built-in option in TM1 by which you can do this. The only way to go would be using API

There is sample VB code (in the TM1 folder) which may help you. See this file: ...Cognos\TM1\API\TM1API\SampleCode\vb\modDisplayView.bas

Also refer to the API guide which comes with TM1.
Cheers!
Rizwan Kaif
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

rkaif wrote:There is not built-in option in TM1 by which you can do this. The only way to go would be using API

There is sample VB code (in the TM1 folder) which may help you. See this file: ...Cognos\TM1\API\TM1API\SampleCode\vb\modDisplayView.bas

Also refer to the API guide which comes with TM1.
Rizwan, modDisplayView will retrieve the contents of a view which can then be outputted (as values) to Excel or to file or to any number of conceivable 3rd party grid controls. What it will not do is launch the perspectives cube viewer which is what asvlad seems to be after.

Unfortunately there is no way to programatically launch the cube viewer. (Unless you use SendKeys, but that would be too unpredictable and error prone to consider for any production system.) The best you could do to programatically launch a "cube view" would be to use the ISB control. The ISB has more or less the same features as the cube viewer (but it isn't the cube viewer.)
asvlad

Post by asvlad »

lotsaram wrote:...The best you could do to programatically launch a "cube view" would be to use the ISB control.
Can you tell me more about it or give me the way to investigate this topic?
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

asvlad wrote:Can you tell me more about it or give me the way to investigate this topic?
Have a look at the object properties to start with, followed by trial and error.

How to programatically interact with the out of the box controls like the ISB and action buttons isn't covered in any of the product documentation. Unless anyone wants to come forwards and spill the beans it's going to be up to you to figure it out.