Material

daya007
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003

Material

Post by daya007 »

Hi, I am new to cognos and wanna learn TM1.
I tried to download some guides from IBM website. But i am not able to understand where to start.
I have
User guide
Reference Guide
Developer guide
Operations guide
Turbointegrator guide

It will be very much helpful for me if you can tell me the sequence to read these guides. Also please tell me if i miss any guide this this list.

Thanks
asvlad
OLAP Product: TM1, Transformer, EP, MSAS
Version: 2.0.6
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Material

Post by asvlad »

daya007
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003

Post by daya007 »

Thankyou so much for you reply.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

daya007 wrote:Hi, I am new to cognos and wanna learn TM1.
I tried to download some guides from IBM website. But i am not able to understand where to start.
I have
User guide
Reference Guide
Developer guide
Operations guide
Turbointegrator guide

It will be very much helpful for me if you can tell me the sequence to read these guides. Also please tell me if i miss any guide this this list.
Do you actually have a copy of the software though? It's virtually impossible to learn TM1 "in theory" without doing hands on work with it.

The first thing that you should read is the Installation guide. I'd recommend reading that cover to cover before installing. Similarly I'd suggest the TM1 System Architecture chapter of the Operations guide, and the Getting Started chapter of the user guide. After that, install the software and make sure that you install at least one of the sample databases supplied. With those and what you'd have already read by that point, you can start working through some of the chapters like Browsing Data in the User Guide to get a handle on the end user experience. Beyond that, it's time to start looking at creating your own objects in TM1 but the first steps will take you a while anyway.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.