}ClientProperties empty !

vijay srinivasan
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.1
Excel Version: 2003

}ClientProperties empty !

Post by vijay srinivasan »

Hi,

I use TM1 9.0 SP3 version(32-bit) on my test server. I am trying to activate the "Integrated Login". However, when I try to open the }ClientProperties cube, I see that it doesnt have any dimensions associated with it. Can anyone let me know how I can fix this issue?

Also can I use a copy of this cube from the production server (9.0 SP3 64-Bit version) in the test server? Will this work without any problems?

Cheers,
V.
Sandhya Kumar
Version: 9.0 and above

Re: }ClientProperties empty !

Post by Sandhya Kumar »

Yes you could very well copy the ClientProperties cube across environments without issues.
Regarding your issue, do you mean to say you could see only }Clients vs }ClientProperties and nothing at all in cube viewer after you perform RECALCULATE?
vijay srinivasan

No.. I am not able to open the cube at all since no dimensions are assosiated with it. It looks something like this.
-- }ClientProperties
Dimensions

Ideally it should look something like this.
-- }ClientProperties
--Dimensions
}Clients
}ClientProperties

However, if i look in the dimensions folder in the server, I am able to find these two dimensions with elements filled in. The only missing part is the association between the dimensions and the cube.
vijay srinivasan

Btw, Thanks for the reply to my second question 8-)
Michel Zijlema
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1, PALO
Version: both 2.5 and higher
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010

Post by Michel Zijlema »

Are you logged in as an administrator (is your user member of the ADMIN security group)?
Are you able to right-click the server object and select Security->Clients/Groups?
Could it be that you're not a member of the ADMIN group and have NONE rights to the }Clients and }ClientProperties dimensions?

Michel
vijay srinivasan

I am logged in as admin. I have the rights to add clients/Groups.
Sandhya Kumar
Version: 9.0 and above

Post by Sandhya Kumar »

vijay srinivasan wrote:No.. I am not able to open the cube at all since no dimensions are assosiated with it. It looks something like this.
-- }ClientProperties
Dimensions

Ideally it should look something like this.
-- }ClientProperties
--Dimensions
}Clients
}ClientProperties

However, if i look in the dimensions folder in the server, I am able to find these two dimensions with elements filled in. The only missing part is the association between the dimensions and the cube.
Please check whether your dimension files- }Clients.dim and }ClientProperties.dim are available in your data-directory. The most likely reason is they will not be present. Ideally these files will be loaded by deafult when you start the TM1 service for the first time. Not sure how they would have gone missing though! Someone could've deleted?
vijay srinivasan

I do find }ClientProperties.dim and }Clients.dim in the data directory. Iam also able to view them from the Perspective client and they also have elements (Not empty dimensions). The only missing part is that they arent a part of this (}ClientProperties) cube.

Since I havent installed a TM1 server, I was wondering if this could be linked to some option while installation of the server.
Martin Erlmoser
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1, Cognos Express,..
Version: 9.1.4 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Martin Erlmoser »

delete the cube in the databasedirectory on the testsrv and restart the server - the cube will be recreated (empty of course.)
if it happens more than one time you maybe will have a problem

can you make a asciiexport out of this cube?
vijay srinivasan

Thanks. It worked.

I stopped the server. removed the }ClientProperties.cub file from the data directory. Started the server again. This time the cube was created.