Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Message to the TM1 Community

Post by Wim Gielis »

Hello all,

When you enjoy working with TM1 and you can do that for a living, you should be very happy.
However, getting to learn new tools can be rewarding too. I already have a number of successful Jedox projects under my belt and it always felt like I wanted to do more with it. Our time is precious and scarce. Hence this is what I wanted to let you know: I will pivot towards Jedox and away from TM1, effective today. It has been an incredible journey of almost 17 years.
As Alan Kirk will agree, the train wreck that is called PAW (dixit Alan) did not help the case for IBM PA if I am brutally honest. Jedox is much stronger in that area. Looking forward to using regular expressions too (why does TM1 lack this, including Replace functions, Mid, etc.) and an interface for processes rather than scripting-only.

Not sure if my website will still be accessible for a long time - I will need all my attention and energy for Jedox.

Wishing you all the best and many more nice cubes, TIs and MDX'es ! But we'll meet again !

Wim
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: Message to the TM1 Community

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hey Wim, all the best with Jedox, but you maybe should of picked a different date to post this?
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk