PAW mdx subset

mincharug.shulft
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Applix,Cognos TM!
Version: applix9.0Cognos tm1 9.5.1
Excel Version: Excel 2010 2007

PAW mdx subset

Post by mincharug.shulft »

Hi TM1 Experts, I am building a PAW dashboard in that I am keeping the cube view for user inputs. also, I have user selections as "year", "Version", and "Department" in the top context. when a department user login to the dashboard then he can see user corresponding departmental view, which means that we have the index dimension in the cube view, the index dimensions is the following
Hierarchy: 2023-Total-MEH
2023-MEH- D1
2023-MEH-D1.1
2023-MEH-D1.2
2023-Total-TPH
2023-TPH- D1
2023-TPH-D1.1
2023-TPH-D1.2
..etc
(pls find the attachment hireracy format).

when the user login, the user should see only their corresponding department index. so I need to build the mdx subset and the mdx subset should be parameterized based on the department, year selection on the top (context). could you please do let me know if that's possible in PAW Cube or Dimension mdx subset.
Attachments
Picture1.png
Picture1.png (12.51 KiB) Viewed 201 times
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Re: PAW mdx subset

Post by Wim Gielis »

It’s not very clear to me but hopefully I get it right.

The cube on which you have a view, doesn’t it have dimensions year / version / department ? Why would you be creating concatenations of these in another dimension ? I expect to see these 3 dimensions and the }Clients dimension and possibly a few other dimensions. Un thaï case it just boils down to usine MDX for the currently logged in client and that’s it.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly