Drilldown in reports by user

schlemiel29
OLAP Product: TM/1
Version: 11.8
Excel Version: Excel 365

Drilldown in reports by user

Post by schlemiel29 »

Hi all,
my idea is a report of accounts listed in the rows. Because the dimension is very large, only a few hand selected mayor accounts will be visible, any accounts below (children), will be hidden unless the user makes a drill down.
How can I manage that? The MDX for building the entire report to build up again must include the information, that a specific element should show its children. And maybe the next click includes another parent object.
And it would also be nice to store this user specific selection for the user, so the next time this report is opened again, it will show the last selected status.
Is this possible to develop or configure an if yes, how can I do it?
Best regards
Dirk
burnstripe
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Drilldown in reports by user

Post by burnstripe »

If I've interpreted your message correctly...
You could have a cube with the following dimensions:
}Clients
Accounts
Measure...

The measure dimension would have a string field say Mayor Accounts selection.

The cube could have a picklist allowing the user to confirm their selection by entering Y, from a picklist drop down or entering...

An MDX could then be compiled to bring back all the accounts the active user has selected and any descendants of those major accounts as you require.

As the cube contains the }Clients dimension, the users selection could be stored for each user and thus their specific selection would be stored and retrieved the next time the report is reopened.
schlemiel29
OLAP Product: TM/1
Version: 11.8
Excel Version: Excel 365

Re: Drilldown in reports by user

Post by schlemiel29 »

Wow.
Lets assume, I have a simple active report created by the View builder in Excel. Accounts in the rows (row header).
How could I react to a double click on an account name to do some changes, e.g. drill down or drill down?