Use Sandbox in process

HighKeys
OLAP Product: TM1 / TM1 Web / Perspectives
Version: Planning Analytics V2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Use Sandbox in process

Post by HighKeys »

Hi there,

my brain may be still on Holiday, but i run into a issue today, i try to do some calculations with 2 Cubes and a Sandbox, i want to get a Number from Cube A and multiplicate it with a value from Cube B, both should use the same Sandbox for those calculations.

so i added a Parameter to the process "pSandbox" and those lines in the Prolog Tab:

Code: Select all

ServerActiveSandboxSet(pSandbox);
    SetUseActiveSandboxProperty(1);
But the process does not Read from the Sandbox values, just write to the Sandbox, how can i read values from the Sandbox?

Thanks for your help, sorry for such a beginner question, but i really can't manage to find any information in google.
gtonkin
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Re: Use Sandbox in process

Post by gtonkin »

Looks like what I have used previously for testing.
I typically run these commands in Prolog (activate) and Epilog (deactivate) and have not seen any issues so far but saying that have not used these for over a year.
HighKeys
OLAP Product: TM1 / TM1 Web / Perspectives
Version: Planning Analytics V2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Use Sandbox in process

Post by HighKeys »

gtonkin wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:08 pm Looks like what I have used previously for testing.
I typically run these commands in Prolog (activate) and Epilog (deactivate) and have not seen any issues so far but saying that have not used these for over a year.
Hi there!

yea i do the same in Prolog and Epilog. So i'm not wrong this should also take the Value from the Sandbox from Cube A and multipliacte it with the Sandbox value from Cube B?

Edit: To clarify its the same Sandbox not 2 different.
What i wanna do is Controlling entering new pricings in a sandbox in Cube A and wanna see the result in Cube B, but the costs are calculated with a TI as the Result cube is very big and I try to reduce feeder times.
If the TI runs with the code above, it takes the Price from Cube A from the Base and do the math with the Sandbox values from Cube B, where Cube B is the Datasource Cube for the Process

BR