Write Access Denied in TM1 worksheet

hshah
OLAP Product: tm1 architect
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Write Access Denied in TM1 worksheet

Post by hshah »

Hello,
Our user is facing issue with writing in on 2 columns in worksheet. It has normal DBRW formula like other cols but while trying to write in these cols it gives error that write access denied.

I tried checking and found out that these elements are gray (not editable in TM1 architect) as well.

on further checking I found out that these elements have some rules which other elements don't have. But according to user this should be editable.

Could anyone please help me out with this?

Thank you in advance :)
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: Write Access Denied in TM1 worksheet

Post by Steve Rowe »

Rule based values can not be overwritten, your user is wrong.

A possible exception might be where the rule has a switch in it to allow entry, this might happen in Budget versions vs an Actual version.

It would read something like.

['KPI']= If (Attrn ('Version' , !Version , 'IsBudget')=1 , Stet , ['A']\['B']);
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
MarenC
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Post by MarenC »

Hi,

As an alternative to Steve:

Whoever originally built the solution decided or was told to calculate those cells.

Fast forward for however long, and you have the situation where a user says those cells should not be calculated but should be edited.

So the question is, who is right and who is wrong? Or are both things correct, somehow.

To answer that you would need to know who the user is, what is their authority and have the needs of the solution moved on from its original intention?
Is there anyone still left who is old enough to remember why the cells might possibly have been calculated?

If no answers are forthcoming then its time for gut feeling, common sense to take over.
Just get it all down in writing would be my advice, for example, an email from the user specifically asking for the rule to be removed!

Maren
hshah
OLAP Product: tm1 architect
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Post by hshah »

thank you for your answer,

yes I am brain storming for those questions let's see if I found out something