TM1 print report wizard

thomas_E
OLAP Product: TM1 Perspective
Version: 10.3.10700.60404
Excel Version: 2016

TM1 print report wizard

Post by thomas_E »

Hi everyone (wave)

I have a question regarding the print report wizard in TM1. I have several reports that users would like to print as a PDF. I discovered the print report wizard, but it somehow does not work the way I believe it should.

I want to print a specific sheet (which works) for a specific title dimension (which also works) as a PDF. If I select 'print single workbook' it works fine, but I want to have a seperate PDF for every element in my title dimension. The way to do that should be to select 'print multiple workbooks' and check the box 'Create a new workbook for each title', but when I then try to generate the PDFs I always get an error stating: 'was not installed correctly.'

Unfortunately, I can't do much with this error message, as the PDF print itself works, so I don't know what is missing (not installed).

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Thomas
orlando
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PAL 2.0.8
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: TM1 print report wizard

Post by orlando »

Hello Thomas,
You mean the one from the old Perspektives? I think it stopped working a few versions ago. I just tried it again - but it no longer works for me.

Many greetings
orlando
thomas_E
OLAP Product: TM1 Perspective
Version: 10.3.10700.60404
Excel Version: 2016

Post by thomas_E »

Hi Orlando

Yes exactly, we use the old Perspective version of TM1. Well that's a bummer, but at least I know it's not a problem on my end.
Thank you!

Regards Thomas
ascheevel
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 365

Post by ascheevel »

I can't find a working download link, but Quebit had a free tool called "Print Reports" that mimicked the old functionality. They also have their ReportWorq tool with a whole host of other features available by subscription.

*I am not affiliated with Quebit
WilliamSmith
OLAP Product: TM1 / PA / PAx / PAW
Version: TM1 11
Excel Version: 365

Post by WilliamSmith »

As an alternative, have you tried just scripting out the PDF export using built in VBA functions? e.g.

ActiveWorkbook.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=saveLocation