Planning Analytics Model Explorer

Advertisements, add-ons and other commercial information
Gampy
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1SERVER-AW64-ML-RTM-11.8.007
Excel Version: O365

Planning Analytics Model Explorer

Post by Gampy »

Planning Analytics Model Explorer is a tool that helps quickly and visually get an idea of the structure and state of a model, identify potential problem areas, and optimize some of the routines that Analysts and Modelers often face in IBM Planning Analytics.

For Modelers and Analysts:
  • Conduct a quick audit of a new or legacy model;
  • Find potential problem areas and bottlenecks among model objects;
  • Quickly retrieve data that may not be very convenient to obtain using standard IBM Planning Analytics (Cognos TM1) tools, for example: which cubes use one or another dimension, cubes sparsity, etc.;
  • Get quick visual information about security settings (for example, who has access to the selected cube and access level, or, conversely, which cubes the selected user has access to);
For managers:
  • Monitor data about user activity during the working day on the dashboard;
  • Get a list of inactive accounts in order to optimize user licenses;
For users:
  • Get a visual representation of the Model logical map;
  • Evaluate a set of base data to obtain calculated resulting cubes;
  • Search for changes in the Model by the new values and view data change in the transaction log using suitable aliases using;
  • Determine the Processes that change the data in the target cubes;
  • Receive visualized information about the size of cubes and their components, as well as changes in the amount of memory used over time.
So far, I have no plans to commercialize the tool, but I have a desire to develop it, receiving feedback from the professional community.
There is an opportunity to try the tool on your models.
If interested, you can contact me through LinkedIn.