PAX exploration view automatic recalc?

luizg2019
OLAP Product: TM1 - PAX-PAW-Perspectiv-Arc
Version: PA 2.0.9 - PAW 2.0.73
Excel Version: office 2016

PAX exploration view automatic recalc?

Post by luizg2019 »

Where can I set the automatic refresh in a PAX exploration view? It automatically refreshes when I change the order of the dimesions for me, but for other user it does not, couldn't find where is this option. Any help appreciated, thanks.
gtonkin
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Re: PAX exploration view automatic recalc?

Post by gtonkin »

As a start, are both of you in Automatic calculation mode in Excel? PAfE works better like this whereas Perspectives was better suited to Manual.

What version of PAfE are you both using?
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: PAX exploration view automatic recalc?

Post by declanr »

As George has suggested the version being used could be useful.
To the best of my knowledge the behavior of "changing dimension order" should be the same whether in manual or automatic calculation mode for Excel.

There is an option called "Design Mode" under the "Data" subsection within the PAX ribbon; this is an on/off toggle.
The default is "off" which would mean swapping and changing dimensions around within an exploration does not cause a refresh but it instead will remove any data previously shown until you hit refresh manually. This is really useful if you are doing a lot of changes to a bigger view and don't want it to refresh at every step along the way.
It's the only thing I can think of from the top of my head that disables automatic recalculation (when swapping dimensions around) in the more recent versions of PAX; but it does show "<Default>" as text for the Columns and Rows plus a single cell with "<#1234#>" for the data prior to clicking refresh. So I would have expected that your other user would have mentioned that happening if it was the case.
Declan Rodger