Why transaction logs are only available in Architect ?

Emixam
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: 2016

Why transaction logs are only available in Architect ?

Post by Emixam »

Hello,

As far as I know, we can only query transaction log from the good old Architect, TM1 Rest API (TM1py) or directly from the tm1s files. Is there a reason why web app like Workspace or Arc haven't yet provided such functionality ?

We are looking to implement a solution to expose transaction logs to our non-admin users and so far nothing is faster than Server->View Transaction Log. I would also want to know why Architect is ridiculously faster than a simple tm1.server.get_transaction_log_entries() ?

Thanks !
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Why transaction logs are only available in Architect ?

Post by lotsaram »

If you want to expose transaction logs to non-admin users then you have no alternative but to do the work yourself and load the transaction logs into another database which users have access rights to becasue non-admin users don't have access to transaction logs via rest API (or process error logs for that matter) and never will. IBM are very clear that they see this as a security and compliance issue and admin privilege is required to access these objects.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
Emixam
OLAP Product: TM1
Excel Version: 2016

Post by Emixam »

Thanks lotsaram. This is our plan but I was more curious about why it is not available in Workspace/Arc and why querying transaction from TM1py seems to be slower than Architect.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

At least as far as Arc goes you can raise a feature request
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.