Uploading data from source cube to target cube with the source cube bigger in dimensionality

i.iescone
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 2.0.9.12
Excel Version: excel365

Uploading data from source cube to target cube with the source cube bigger in dimensionality

Post by i.iescone »

Hello everyone!

I am a starter in TI processes and I am now stuck :(
The goal is to copy data in two unique cubes that differ in two dimensions.
Aftern running the process, the message that occurs is: 'Wrong Number of Dimension Elements'.

What I think might be the problem is this difference in dimensionality, however after researching, I do not have the solution yet.
Is there anything which allows to skip the read of certain dimensions in the data source? Or in general what is the logic to follow in this cases?

However the problem can be something else! I'd be glad to get in touch with more experienced people :)
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Re: Uploading data from source cube to target cube with the source cube bigger in dimensionality

Post by Wim Gielis »

Please post your code.

In the Data tab of the process, consider using the CellIncrementN function. Like that, you can accumulate data in the target cube with its 2 dimensions less.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
Elessar
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PA 2
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Uploading data from source cube to target cube with the source cube bigger in dimensionality

Post by Elessar »

If you are using the Architect TI process constructor and not writing code from scratch, you should select "Element" role only for the variables matching your target cube's elements + Data. The other variables (which are in source cube and are not in target cube) should be "Other". Also make sure you've selected "Accumulate values".
Best regards, Alexander Dvoynev

TM1 and Data Science blog: 6th article - PAfE + VBA: Commit each cell without pressing “Commit” button.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

There is a bedrock process which can do this task without writing any code. }bedrock.cube.data.copy.intercube
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.