TM1web global Homepage Setting for two instance

Niko
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: PA 2.09 / TM1 11.7.00000.42
Excel Version: EXCEL 2019

TM1web global Homepage Setting for two instance

Post by Niko »

Until now , i know how to set one instance TM1Web global homepage , because i know one tm1admin server can connect multiple instance ,
Suppose i have two instances , one called "FB" and another caller "FC" ,i want to set different homepage for these two instances. i try to set an tm1web homepage for instance "FB" by set tm1web_config.xml file as follows:
<add key="HomePageObject" value="TM1://FB/blob/PUBLIC/.\}Externals\Menu_20220707120957.xlsx;Type=websheet;Description=Homepage;AllowOverwrite=true" />
after login in to instance "FB" by tm1web, it can open "Menu_20220707120957.xlsx" successfully, but if i choose instance "FC" to login, TM1WEB Give me an error prompt "Failed to open the target workbook. Make sure that the file has not been renamed or deleted." I think I might have missed something, i don't know how to set second instance tm1web homwpage <for example "FC" >
Any help is appreciation~~
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: TM1web global Homepage Setting for two instance

Post by declanr »

In each TM1 instance, you can set a homepage per user in the }ClientSettings cube.
After logging in the user will be redirected to whichever page you set here.

Since the }ClientSettings cube is different per instance, but the same client can exist in both - this allows the same user to be directed to a different page per instance.
Declan Rodger
Niko
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: PA 2.09 / TM1 11.7.00000.42
Excel Version: EXCEL 2019

Re: TM1web global Homepage Setting for two instance

Post by Niko »

declanr wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:24 pm In each TM1 instance, you can set a homepage per user in the }ClientSettings cube.
After logging in the user will be redirected to whichever page you set here.

Since the }ClientSettings cube is different per instance, but the same client can exist in both - this allows the same user to be directed to a different page per instance.
i don't know the homepage can be set by }ClientSettings control cube before , just now i adjust the parameter "Web Home Page Object",
it can works, Thank you very much