Is it possible in PAW do the same thing as I can do in PAX (go through from one view to another) on

EP_explorer
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: PAL
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Is it possible in PAW do the same thing as I can do in PAX (go through from one view to another) on

Post by EP_explorer »

The example is taken from TM1 Official Guide
I put Cursor in the cell of Travel row (Cube1)
01.JPG
01.JPG (134.75 KiB) Viewed 664 times
Click the Button Go To Details
List appears (Cube 2 Appears with the same dimensions + 1 dimension of rows). And it shows the same Travel element in Context
02.JPG
02.JPG (58.21 KiB) Viewed 664 times
It is made by Advanced Options of Actions Button
03.JPG
03.JPG (58.73 KiB) Viewed 664 times
Is it possible to do the same thing it PAW? I tried synchronize but it works for context Dimensions but it doesn't work than the filter element (Travel) in row (like in Example)
mrdauduong
OLAP Product: Planning analytics
Version: PA 2.0.74.23
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Re: Is it possible in PAW do the same thing as I can do in PAX (go through from one view to another) on

Post by mrdauduong »

hi,
you can do it in PAW with Drill Through function
EP_explorer wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:45 pm The example is taken from TM1 Official Guide
I put Cursor in the cell of Travel row (Cube1)
01.JPG
Click the Button Go To Details
List appears (Cube 2 Appears with the same dimensions + 1 dimension of rows). And it shows the same Travel element in Context
02.JPG
It is made by Advanced Options of Actions Button
03.JPG

Is it possible to do the same thing it PAW? I tried synchronize but it works for context Dimensions but it doesn't work than the filter element (Travel) in row (like in Example)
EP_explorer
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: PAL
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Is it possible in PAW do the same thing as I can do in PAX (go through from one view to another) on

Post by EP_explorer »

Thank you
Idea with Drill came into my mind
But it has one defect -Drill appears in new pop-up window which impossible to manage (for example I want to add in the new pop-up window the button which run process or return in previous tab)

Example in PAX looks more convenient. May be something like that can be done in PAW?
mrdauduong
OLAP Product: Planning analytics
Version: PA 2.0.74.23
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Post by mrdauduong »

your post give me a good idea and maybe i can try this in the future.

the solution is you can save your selected subnm in TM1 and make a process that write this selected in the new page.

In the new page, dont use the subnm but use DBRW to get your saved selected and make a process that write a selected value while click in button ==> sorry for my bad english :mrgreen: if this is not clear, feel free to ask me again :mrgreen:
solution.png
solution.png (59.54 KiB) Viewed 633 times

for info, action button have "Context pass" option to pass context for any items that have synchronization enabled in both the current tab and the destination tab.

it is not the same thing of advanced option and it will not be very helpful in your case, because you want to pass context from a dimention to another.

Hope it help !