Mass conversion of Excel workbooks from Perspectives to PAW

JohnO
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9.x
Excel Version: Office 365 16

Mass conversion of Excel workbooks from Perspectives to PAW

Post by JohnO »

So I'm in a different place now and they have not yet upgraded to PA but are in the early stages of planning to move. So I'm back to Perspectives!

1) In terms of converting files from Perspectives to PAW my understanding is that it is only the Action Buttons that get converted - Any comment to the contrary?
2) Is there any way of automatically upgrading all Excel files in the applications folder rather than performing this activity manually and one by one? I haven't seen anything in IBM documentation. Just wondering if anyone has built anything and how? I'm thinking of some VBA to open and then somehow invoke the upgrade action and then save. But I cannot see anything in the PAX API to do this. Do I have to resort to sendkeys or similar?
JohnO
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9.x
Excel Version: Office 365 16

Re: Mass conversion of Excel workbooks from Perspectives to PAW

Post by JohnO »

Having had a good look at how it works I have now answered my own question, the standard functionality gives me what I need.
John Hammond
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PAW/PAX 2.0.72 Perspectives
Version: TM1 Server 11.8.003
Excel Version: 365 and 2016

Re: Mass conversion of Excel workbooks from Perspectives to PAW

Post by John Hammond »

Server and Instance connections are held in CustomProperties in Excel and Named ranges. You can bulk VBA through a directory of workbooks. You can't change any VBA code in the macros by VBA though you have to do that through find and replace for the Project.