ATTRS rules in }ElementAttribute cube causes a TI to load data slowly in 2.0.9.15

Herman Moller

ATTRS rules in }ElementAttribute cube causes a TI to load data slowly in 2.0.9.15

Post by Herman Moller »

HI,

We are looking to upgrade our Planning Analytics server to the latest version 2.0.9.15 from 2.0.9.11 and have noticed some significant issues in transfer data from a cube to cube transfer in both versions 2.0.9.13 and 2.0.9.15.

We have 70 lines of data from One cube which normally takes seconds but when we upgrade to the new version it is significantly slower

I have isolated the issue to being :

1) Have a rule in a element attribute cube that uses the ATTRS function

2) Have cube dependencies run on start up.

I have found if I don't run cube dependencies on start-up and run the process it runs fine only a second.

When I activate cube dependencies it slows the TI down significantly.

I have opened a case with IBM but has anyone else experienced this problem?

Regards
Herman
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Re: ATTRS rules in }ElementAttribute cube causes a TI to load data slowly in 2.0.9.15

Post by Wim Gielis »

@Lotsaram: this one’s for you 😉
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
Herman Moller

Re: ATTRS rules in }ElementAttribute cube causes a TI to load data slowly in 2.0.9.15

Post by Herman Moller »

Thanks Wim.

I have isolated the code even more now.

If you have this line in your startup chore or TI Process that's add Dependencies

AddCubeDependency('S_Consolidated','}ElementAttributes_Account');

Once this is run, the }ElementAttribute cube as the second part then run the TI will go really slow.

This wasnt an issue in 2.0.9.11 but is in 2.0.9.15
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Search for
[PH50635] TI process updating attributes has significant performance degredation if attribute cube contains rules
It might apply in your case.
I'm skipping 2.0.9.15 until this is fixed.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
ofintm1
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Post by ofintm1 »

We are experiencing a similar issue after applying 2.0.9.15 meaning we can't load attributes into our control cubes with rule files attached. A TI process that took a few seconds now takes so long it doesn't finish after running for several hours. Looks like this has already been reported to IBM.

This is a shame as we couldn't apply 2.0.9.14 either as that also had some showstopper bugs we had been waiting for 2.0.9.15 to fix.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

ofintm1 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:26 am We are experiencing a similar issue after applying 2.0.9.15 meaning we can't load attributes into our control cubes with rule files attached. A TI process that took a few seconds now takes so long it doesn't finish after running for several hours. Looks like this has already been reported to IBM.

This is a shame as we couldn't apply 2.0.9.14 either as that also had some showstopper bugs we had been waiting for 2.0.9.15 to fix.
Likewise internally we are using 2.0.9.13 and recommending this to customers. Skipping 2.0.9.14 and 2.0.9.15.

Are you using localization? We found that for only rules in attribute cubes TIs updating other attributes of the same cube run 3x to 5x slower. But if dimensions were localized and there were also rules in the }LocalizedElementAttributes cube then the performance was 1000x to 2000x times slower which was a definite show stopper.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
Herman Moller

Post by Herman Moller »

Hi,

We are not using localization.

The issues are definitely connected and waiting for a response from IBM.

I am hoping it will be fixed soon.