Ben H
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: All Versions - even 2.5
Excel Version: All Versions

First Ever TM1 World Championship - October 25 in Sydney, Australia

Post by Ben H »

Imagined conversation between me and you (presumed TM1 Enthusiast):

You: So what is this thing?
Me: The first ever TM1 World Championship!

Y: Who gave Cubewise the right to do that?
M: No one really, we just thought it’s time has come! The world needs a TM1 World Champion!

Y: But like, TM1 isn’t a competitive sport…
M: It is now! We have created a competitive format where TM1 Athletes can vie to be crowned the TM1 World Champion!

Y: Yeah but…
M: Dude, just run with it; its meant to be fun. If there can be a competitive Excel e-sport, why not a TM1 one?

Y: Fine, so how does it work then?
M: Cubewise will host the event as part of our in-person Horizon Conference on October 25 (https://www.tickettailor.com/events/cub ... lia/540825). Every non-Cubewiser who shows up will be eligible to compete and win.

Y: Where will that be?
M: At beautiful Luna Park in Sydney, Australia in the shadow of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

Y: I’m listening…
M: There will be three rounds of competition with the final round culminating in TM1 athletes competing onstage thunderdome-style.

Y: You’re joking, right?
M: Totally serious. It’ll be a lot of fun both for the competitors and the live audience, but we want to crown a legitimate TM1 world champion, so the competition will be legit.

Y: What if I can’t attend on the day?
M: The only way to compete or watch it live is to be there on the day! If you are a TM1 person, you’ve got nothing to lose.

Y: OK, I gotta see this…
M: Exactly – whatever happens, it will be fun. And someone will come away with the trophy (yes – there will be an actual trophy) and presumably the respect of the global TM1 Community…

Y: Is it true that ESPN is doing a documentary on this?
M: Not yet!
TM1 World Championship.png
TM1 World Championship.png (26.44 KiB) Viewed 17754 times
Ben Heinl, Cubewise
#DoGoodTM1