TM1 Rest API

Arden
OLAP Product: IBM Planning Analytics
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 1098

TM1 Rest API

Post by Arden »

Hi,
I am trying to use TM1 Rest API to retrieve Metadata from the Chores like Chores names, their Parameters, their set run time, etc... which would be given to our clients in a separate interface -- be it anything. They want to click a button and see all the details of Chores.

What is the way to do it is what I am perplexed about. I am completely new to the API World and under a lot of pressure to do it.
  • Should I try to use Excel TM1 Workbook to do it -- is it possible to link Buttons with API Calls?
  • Or should I try to use TI processes to link the API Calls -- is it doable in any way?
  • How do I display the retrieved data (which would be in JSON format) properly to the clients? My thought is they would not like to see the data in JSON format but rather in some easy-to-read format with all the data retrieved properly.
Please help!

Many thanks,
-Arden
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Re: TM1 Rest API

Post by Wim Gielis »

Hello,

Did you see this topic ?
https://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=16195

You will indeed format the JSON output to something more readable and accessible.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

For this requirement I suggest you have a look at Arc. It does exactly what you describe (click on a chore and see everything about the chore in a separate pane). Of course it does a whole lot of other stuff as well. But the price per user is very small compared to what I imagine the cost of your time is to build a bespoke application which does a lot less.

(I'm an employee of the company behind Arc but I'm not a sales guy and derive no financial benefit from it's sales).
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
vovanenok
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by vovanenok »

Do you expect users to see the chores (they would need the corresponding permissions) or some admin account to export this information somewhere?

Using TeamOne Google Sheets add-on (free for developers), you can see, search, compare and deploy chores directly from Google Sheets (no installation is required):
----------
TeamOne Google Sheets add-on for IBM Planning Analytics
Let's connect on LinkedIn