Modify default TM1web layout

JamiseBondi
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 2.0
Excel Version: Office 365

Modify default TM1web layout

Post by JamiseBondi »

Hi guys,

Is it possible to modify the existing layout of TM1web such that you can hide certain banners or buttons i.e. to change the default layout of tm1web as it's rendered in a browser. For example. the 'banner' that contains "IBM Cognos TM1Web on the left and on the RHS is .... Help | Logout
Can this banner be hidden or modified in any way?

Many thanks
ascheevel
Community Contributor
Version: PA 2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 365

Re: Modify default TM1web layout

Post by ascheevel »

Short of direct editing the source files in the install location that would then get overwritten any time you upgrade, I'm not aware of how to do this. I guess you could create a custom browser extension that dynamically updates the html of the page for all users. You could even build your own custom webpage and leverage the TM1Web api for rendering cubeviews, websheets.

Are you trying to hide it due to screen area issues or are you trying to insert custom hyperlinks?
konstantin-spb
Version: PA 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Post by konstantin-spb »

Hi,

PRODUCT_NAME:"IBM® Planning Analytics 2.0.9",
ABOUT_STR:"About",
HELP_TOOLTIP_STR:"Help",
LOG_OUT_STR:"Log Out",

On windows installation for PAL 2.0.9 you can find this "magic words" in the file
<installation path>\webapps\tm1web\scripts\tm1web\common\nls\...\CommonMessages.js

(... means folder for specified language: "cs", "da" , "de" etc)

Open file with admin rights, set words value to blank or whatever you want, save file, refresh web page (no need restart any PAL services).
Last edited by konstantin-spb on Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tm123
OLAP Product: tm1, cognos bi
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Post by tm123 »

I also have a requirement to add a new Icon which will launch another site. The requirement is to add the Icon on the Top Banner, just after Log Out

Not sure which files need to be updated for 2.0.9.4

Thanks
konstantin-spb

Post by konstantin-spb »

konstantin-spb wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:33 pm Hi,

On windows installation for PAL 2.0.9 you can find this "magic words" in the file
<installation path>\webapps\tm1web\scripts\tm1web\common\nls\...\CommonMessages.js

Open file with admin rights, set words value to blank or whatever you want, save file, refresh web page (no need restart any PAL services).
Sorry,

If your default language is English/US (default for TM1), then NLS (National Language Support) does not apply.
Should to be corrected immediately in the files
<installation path>\webapps\tm1web\scripts\tm1web\standalone\
TM1WebApp.js or TM1WebAppCam.js (if you use CAM)
konstantin-spb

Post by konstantin-spb »

tm123 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:29 pm I also have a requirement to add a new Icon which will launch another site. The requirement is to add the Icon on the Top Banner, just after Log Out

Not sure which files need to be updated for 2.0.9.4

Thanks
Hi,

PAL 2.0.9.4 use PASS (Planning Analytics Spreadsheet Services). Unfortunately I don't have this version.
I don't know the difference between the classic TM1 Web and PASS.

But you can use developer tools in Chrome, find the class of the element, then find the file where that class is defined, and write/rewrite what you need
vovanenok
Version: 2.0.9

Post by vovanenok »

It should be possible to change the default styles (including hiding some elements) by modifying the CSS files. I remember I had a requirement to enable separate URLs for different TM1 models, so I modified some TM1Web JS files used on the login page. The custom javascript was reading the URL parameters of the login page, then it was selecting the corresponding model and submitting the login form, so the users would be logging into the preselected TM1 server based on the URL parameter.

I recommend creating an installation and customization guide so you can document it all and re-apply after upgrading TM1.
As mentioned previously you should understand there is a chance such customization may stop working with the next TM1 version upgrade
----------
TeamOne Google Sheets add-on for IBM Planning Analytics
Let's connect on LinkedIn
JamiseBondi

Post by JamiseBondi »

ascheevel wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:14 pm Short of direct editing the source files in the install location that would then get overwritten any time you upgrade, I'm not aware of how to do this. I guess you could create a custom browser extension that dynamically updates the html of the page for all users. You could even build your own custom webpage and leverage the TM1Web api for rendering cubeviews, websheets.

Are you trying to hide it due to screen area issues or are you trying to insert custom hyperlinks?
I'm entertaining the idea of customising the GUI such that it is no longer IBM branded.
JamiseBondi

Post by JamiseBondi »

konstantin-spb wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:22 pm
konstantin-spb wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:33 pm Hi,

Sorry,

If your default language is English/US (default for TM1), then NLS (National Language Support) does not apply.
Should to be corrected immediately in the files
<installation path>\webapps\tm1web\scripts\tm1web\standalone\
TM1WebApp.js or TM1WebAppCam.js (if you use CAM)
I'll try this out, thanks very much.